advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many underestimate what a "big f*cking deal" (to quote Biden) adding a public option to the ACA would be. To dismiss it as "incrementalism" is wrong, given the huge potential disruptions this Trojan Horse would cause to the health care industry.

It's well known by the GOP that benefits once passed into law they are really hard to remove, which is why they resort to "starve the beast" strategy. And equally we know that the dems getting anything done in regards to healthcare leads to a ratcheting effect that will, eventually, lead to universal coverage.

Both the USA and UK are now stuck in a death spiral of hate/fear due to the 2 Party system.
Proportional representation does have issues but there better versions of it, and it does tend to compromise and evolution.

Societies based around endless growth capitalism are by definition entropic & toxic, everything comes from that. Ok Boomer (it’s not “Hey Boomer”) highlights the culture within capitalism where non-boomers, the people who did not did not **** over four generations following them have just had enough of that demographic’s smug, shitty resource grabbing. Gen Z and Milennials lack the tools within capitalism to thrive, because of boomers, they lack financial security that Boomers took by grabbing all those tools; all that financial security boomers enjoy was predicated on every generation following Boomers literally serving them. ”Ok Boomer” is a perfectly simple, recognisable and valid response to a great injustice. Boomers have been shitting on Milennials and Gen Z for as long as I can remember it, Ok Boomer literally the only thing they can Say with the resources available to them in the face of constant boomer nonsense... it is a response by a demographic with no ****s left to give, they are literally just playing a waiting game for boomers to die off hoping that Gen X won’t be the next wave of shitty resource grabbers.

Frankly I’d be happier if they started Guillotining arch boomers like Biden to speed things along.
:D:D:D

Here's your Incrementalism -

For the first time in history, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class last year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...d-lower-tax-rate-than-working-class-last-year

Merry Holidays and a Happy Toyotathon! Be sure to take time out and observe the Great Irony of a first world filling up stockings with earth-destroying retail shite to celebrate a religion whose teachings almost none of us practice in real life.

Not being an asshole, in spite of privilege, is a choice & not something you are assigned and cannot be changed at birth. Boomers have a choice, like all people, to recognise their privilege and doing something about dismantling it to mitigate the harm their privilege has done for following generations.

I've been reading a little on the Boomer as pejorative phenom (this one seems to tick boxes), and I'm not buying at least half of it. Not the least of which is how it is some random Boomer is supposed to know it's not a generational insult, but rather some deftly designed honey-pot psy101 troll, and one you read increasingly used with climate change. This honey-pot to lure the entitled Boomer amounts to nothing more than a convenient short-circuit for any argument against the obvious observation that it's really scapegoating an entire generation, with no better example of my point than If a Boomer even enters into discussion about OK Boomer they've summarily failed the litmus.

It must be very hard being a privileged and mediocre white middle-aged man these days.

I wouldn't know. All I'm doing is reading and trying to understand, and then commenting as honestly as I can, while hopefully not insulting someone personally. I realize now, after the fact, the stance is one of "well, you're supposed to know whether you're a deserving Ok Boomer recipient because not everyone is." I get that. But I'm guessing more people than you realize aren't using it that way at all, and increasingly as the ecosystem degrades.

But your response, I do think, goes to my point that even engaging the premise of it buys one the award. So ... that's that. I will say I expected a little more reason and less insult.

It must be so very hard being privileged and mediocre and white and middle-aged these days.

iipsrv.fcgi

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back