advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the oracle of "smelly walmart people" preparing the flock for impeachment hearings:

Nunes is deploying a massive whataboutery and conspiracy theory umbrella. A cult of Democrat politicians and fake news media has sought to impune the immaculate reputation of the President.

Daniel Goldman, the Democrats’s lead impeachment hearing lawyer, is doing a masterful job of questioning Ambassador Bill Taylor and State Department official George Kent. His background in prosecuting mob bosses is perfectly suited to this process.

Now, whether any Republicans, or the US public at large, is actually listening is, of course, another question.

Daniel Goldman, the Democrats’s lead impeachment hearing lawyer, is doing a masterful job of questioning Ambassador Bill Taylor and State Department official George Kent. His background in prosecuting mob bosses is perfectly suited to this process.

Now, whether any Republicans, or the US public at large, is actually listening is, of course, another question.
I’m guessing the volume level, which is uncomfortably high at the moment, on the Fox News/ GOP denunciation machine is directly proportional to the sheer volume of incriminating evidence and testimony against The Anus?
Hannity deserves an Oscar for that performance.

Excellent real Trump vs. Trump AI bot quiz here. Even though the real Trump wouldn’t pass a Turing Test it is still quite an achievement to program a computer to spout such incomprehensible bollocks.

The GOP defense against Trump’s impeachment has been formalized, and distilled down to four points:
  • The July 25 call summary "shows no conditionality or evidence of pressure."
  • Ukrainian "President (Volodymyr) Zelensky and President Trump have both said there was no pressure on the call."
  • "The Ukrainian government was not aware of the hold on U.S. assistance" during the July 25 call.
  • The security assistance hold was lifted on September 11.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/politics/house-republicans-trump-memo-impeachment-defense/index.html

Here is an excellent debunking of this pathetic attempt at a defense, point by point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/11/12/this-is-defense-republicans-are-going-with/
So I turn on my radio, and I hear a repub saying exactly the four things listed above They figure to gaslight America; if Americans hear that list repeated six or seven times, many will just take it on as true.

I turned off my radio.

But I turned in on later, and heard an NPR correspondent sum up the Democratic accusation as being 'Trump subverted the American foreign policy process.' That is lousy reporting, way too vague and abstract. The Democrats need to get a much clearer message out, to win the battle for public opinion.

And make no mistake, the crucial battle is the battle for public opinion. Only a tide of public opinion has a prayer of breaking the Republican wall in the Senate. And failing that, public opinion will decide the 2020 election.

Democrats need to make sure that everyone knows their accusation: Trump demanded a payoff before he would release the strategic military aid that had been authorized for our ally, the Ukraine.

This Ukraine fiasco meets all the requirements for an impeachment. If it doesn't happen the 'checks and balances' stopping a POTUS becoming a dictator are not working.
USA becomes more like Putin's Russia every day.

The founding fathers did not plan on the president AND the senate going rogue simultaneously.

"However good a Constitution may be, if those who are implementing it are not good, it will prove to be bad. However bad a Constitution may be, if those implementing it are good, it will prove to be good."

B. R. Ambedkar

Trump supporters don’t care about the constitution or legality or abuse of office leading to quid pro quo deals or withholding aid, even if it’s military... especially if it’s military. Just build that wall. Ppl will just say he’s doing a great job getting more value from his great aid deals than Obama. The cruelty is the point. There are not enough trump supporters who are bothered enough to sway.

THE mistake is trying to appeal to people who just don’t care about such things.

Trump supporters don’t care about the constitution or legality or abuse of office leading to quid pro quo deals or withholding aid, even if it’s military... especially if it’s military. Just build that wall. Ppl will just say he’s doing a great job getting more value from his great aid deals than Obama. The cruelty is the point. There are not enough trump supporters who are bothered enough to sway.

THE mistake is trying to appeal to people who just don’t care about such things.
Yes but even in these polarized times people are all unique individuals. Some fit your image of know- nothing Trump cultists, some differ some in one dimension or another, some differ more. There are lots of suburban areas that went for Trump in 2017, but Democrats are winning now. There is still a middle, including more educated people who are happy neither with Trump or with the Know-nothings. Enough votes to win are there if the Democrats can get them.

Got to be some use for the 400 million weapons in private hands in the USA...
In Yemen, where a civil war has raged for years, they have 15 million.

the republican party has now managed to sink beneath the most depraved latin-american dictatorship when it comes to lying and obfuscation...

i'd love to carry out a statistical analysis to reveal what the relative weights of stupidity, corruption and malice are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back