advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, trump relegated to page 3. not sure if that's ever happened.

OK, so here is aaron maté interviewing his father, who has some interesting psychological speculations about trump and traumatized voters:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/trumps-financial-house-cards-on-the-media

As we all learned this week, President Trump "lost more money than nearly other individual American taxpayer” between 1985 and 1994. It was during that decade of losses that Trump published The Art of the Deal and became a fixture on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans. But if his business failures and his debts were so immense, how did he get on the list to begin with? Jonathan Greenberg, now an investigative journalist, was then the Forbes reporter whose unenviable task it was to evaluate Trump’s fabulous claims. Bob spoke with him this week about the origin myth upon which a 37-year-long con was built.

This is a segment from On the Media’s May 10th, 2019 program, Impossible!
https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/impossible-on-the-media-2019-05-10
https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/impossible-on-the-media-2019-05-10?tab=summary

Reactions: vuk
Chelsea Manning released after grand jury timed out. No doubt the cruelty of the state means it is looking for ways to re-incarcerate her

The real (I hope) reason for the sabre rattling with Iran is now revealed: Trump can push through another $8 billion of arms sales to Saudi Arabia without approval from Congress on the spurious grounds of National Security.

Trump is becoming more and more of a danger to world peace if not human existence with his unbridled sabre rattling and climate denial. We need him out asap.

Trump is becoming more and more of a danger to world peace if not human existence with his unbridled sabre rattling and climate denial. We need him out asap.
Many people might want that, but it's not about to happen.

The USA has its lowest unemployment, highest stock market and reasonable growth and that is what USA voters, quite reasonably, look at. We have to hope he put Bolton and Pompeo there to bark for him but in the end he will not attack Iran.
But certainly if he does there must be no coalition of the unwilling this time: on your own USA.

Last edited:
The USA has its lowest unemployment, highest stock market and reasonable growth and that is what USA voters, quite reasonably, look at. We have to hope he put Bolton and Pompeo there to bark for him but in the end he will not attack Iran.
But certainly if he does there must be no coalition of the unwilling this time: on your own USA.
Does it really translate into a better standard of living for "USA voters" or is it just figures that are being fed to them ? I genuinely don't know as I'm not there & don't trust the media reports

If there was a real uplift, that should make him one of the most approved presidents but it would seem that his approval rate languishes (again medi reports so??) - so maybe, people don't see the economy doing well being the result of Trump's policies - they seem to view it as "despite Trump" when they see his deal making lack of ability - I reckon it's viewed as 'he just arrived at the right time' & the economy would probably be far better under a president or administration who had a clue about economics

Does it really translate into a better standard of living for "USA voters" or is it just figures that are being fed to them ? I genuinely don't know as I'm not there & don't trust the media reports

If there was a real uplift, that should make him one of the most approved presidents but it would seem that his approval rate languishes (again medi reports so??) - so maybe, people don't see the economy doing well being the result of Trump's policies - they seem to view it as "despite Trump" when they see his deal making lack of ability - I reckon it's viewed as 'he just arrived at the right time' & the economy would probably be far better under a president or administration who had a clue about economics

That plus the sugar high from a tax cut, which will last only until the bills are due...

Chris Hedges talking to professor Stephen F Cohen about Russiagate, and the danger of nuclear war in the current climate:

Chris Hedges talking to professor Stephen F Cohen about Russiagate, and the danger of nuclear war in the current climate:

that chris hedges weekly show has been the best news/current-affairs TV for the past 2 years. nothing else is even close. i've not missed a single episode.

Lasted for the first sentence of the intro by Hedges...” despite the fact that the Mueller report showed trump did not collude with Russia”. It stated nothing of the sort. Barr stated that. We don’t know what the report said until it’s available unredacted.

Max / Vuk. Is this really the best you can recommend?

Lasted for the first sentence of the intro by Hedges...” despite the fact that the Mueller report showed trump did not collude with Russia”. It stated nothing of the sort. Barr stated that. We don’t know what the report said until it’s available unredacted.

Who’d have thought a program on Russia Today would ever take such a line?!

Yea, it's amazing that this sort of propaganda is spread by these journalists who you would expect to be accurate in their statements/analysis - it's exactly what team Trump/Barr set out to achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back