advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Beast are reporting that Epstein was abusing young women whilst serving his sentence. He was allowed out "work" in effect, actually only serving one day a week in prison, Truly surreal that the POTUS is running again chiefly to stay out of jail.

i still can't get over the "go back to your own country" vulgarity. not so much a matter of being personally offended, but i am truly shocked this didn't finally put everyone over the edge, including republicans. it says a lot about these people.

the bar for presidential behaviour is currently at gutter level and i'm afraid it will never rise to where we want it to be.

i still can't get over the "go back to your own country" vulgarity. not so much a matter of being personally offended, but i am truly shocked this didn't finally put everyone over the edge, including republicans. it says a lot about these people.

the bar for presidential behaviour is currently at gutter level and i'm afraid it will never rise to where we want it to be.

Yes it says everything about the Right.

Here's the way the play works.

It's — what I call dog whistle politics is the use of coded racial appeals in politics, but coded racial appeals, there's a lot going on. Act one of the play, some politician decides to gin up controversy by pushing a racial idea or meme into the conversation, but doing so through a coded term that allows plausible deniability.

So think of the phrase, "Go back where you came from." Some people see it as racist. Other people say this doesn't have to do with race at all. Right?

Or think criminal and illegal aliens, or sanctuary cities, or, contrary-wise, think, make America great again, or real Americans, or the American heartland

Act two, the person who is dog whistling about race comes forward and exercises the plausible deniability of these terms and says, hey, me? I didn't say anything about race, or, as Donald Trump tweeted, "I don't have a racist bone in my body."

Act three, turn around and say, but you know who is talking about race? It's my critics. My critics have accused me of being a racist. And since I'm not a racist, they're the real racists, because they are falsely smearing me with this awful charge of being a racist.

And that's the basic drama of this week in American politics.

Evan by Trump’s standards this is appalling...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/17/trump-rally-send-her-back-ilhan-omar

“Let ’em leave,” Trump said of the members of Congress. “They’re always telling us how to run it, how to do this, how to do that. You know what? If they don’t love it, tell ’em to leave it.” That’s them doing their job, it’s what they’re paid to do.

The silence from the Republican Party is just as bad.

To think some here shilled for this piece of shite is beyond comprehension.

He should consider going back to his grandma's country, while on the subject of going home!

You get the feeling that part of his outrage is that they are women and they’re speaking back to him. I don’t know if the documentary Ruby Wax did on him is still available. His reaction to her as interviewer, when she cracked a joke he didn’t like, tells the story. Women are objects like baubles, to admire him, to be ‘grabbed by the pussy’ or to be slapped down contemptuously when ever it pleases him.

Aggressive misogyny has always been part of the fascist MO.
Take note Wokementum.

He should consider going back to his grandma's country, while on the subject of going home!

On behalf of Scotland: no f'ing way!

Tabloids and other low life in politics won’t waste much time jumping on board now they see there are more votes and money in racism than they thought.

Trump cannot teach the British media or the Conservative Party a damned thing. Not only the tabloids but also The Times and The Telegraph, as well as The Spectator, are essentially hate rags, regularly publishing fake news about Muslims and black people, celebrations of actual fascists, and avowedly racist columnists. The national broadcaster falls over itself to provide racists and fascists with a platform. More than half of Conservative members are happy to declare that they think Muslims are a threat to the British way of life, and their new leader openly trades in racist invective with impunity.

Also from a parochial perspective:

- The candidates for the Conservative leadership are refusing to call TRump's comments racist
- moderate political pundits are arguing that standing up to racism is bad politics
- moderate journalists and politicians are doing exactly what many here have long lambasted critics of "Killary" for

Meanwhile the UK's one mainstream, effective bulwark against racism is being smeared as institutionally racist. Honestly, Britain could offer the US right lessons. Indeed it looks like they already have.

Community advisory: getting high on ones BS can result in sub-optimal outcomes around knowledge.

Last edited:
Watching Trump on the news a few minutes ago was very reminiscent of similar rhetoric in the 1930s, from an Austrian chap, and look where that led.

http://columbiaclimatelaw.com/resources/silencing-science-tracker/

The Silencing Science Tracker is a joint initiative of the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law and the Climate Science Legal Defense Fund. It tracks government attempts to restrict or prohibit scientific research, education or discussion, or the publication or use of scientific information, since the November 2016 election. Read more→

The Sabin Center also maintains a Climate Deregulation Tracker which identifies attempts to scale back federal climate mitigation and adaptation measures. Read more→

I notice he has done a solemn military announcement about shooting down a drone that the Iranians deny.
Could he get away with making this up just to distract attention or would it come out via military sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back