advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break electoral rules in the US you get put in prison. Break them in the UK and you get promoted.
It will be interesting to see what happens in consequence of this. Will it, can it, invalidate the vote or disqualify the candidate? I know there's a principle in (UK) law that a person should not profit from a criminal act, and by elections have been called for electoral fraud, but I'm presuming annulling the presidential election would be many steps too far.

You can't undo the election -- the constitutional fix is impeachment and the question is at what point do the GOP abandon him. If I were a betting man I would suggest they will tough it out till after the midterms and then abandon him really quick if/when they lose.

But Trump really is screwed now. Cohen's plea is already a nailed on felony for Trump and he would have been alongside Cohen today if he were not president. And now Cohen will talk to Mueller about the Russian election interference and the DNC hacks.

So not losing in November is his only hope and even then it looks like delaying the inevitable.

He's already gone large on the 'no collusion' schtick at the rally, presumably to deflect from the fact that we're not talking about collusion now, but about deliberate illegal acts.

It’s the ultimate get out clause for any villain. He’s probably writing his “job done” speech to be delivered on the flight deck of a carrier, wearing his maga/Trump resorts baseball cap and promising to “bring the boys home in time for a really very special Christmas. No I mean that. God bless you, I love you all”.

Also looking forward to his defence asking that both women he paid off prove they had sex with him. I’m thinking the anatomical characteristics evidence that only someone who’d seen the organs in question would know about. I don’t think “tiny” will cut it- that’s seems to be known by millions.

What really amazes me in all of this is how people still support Trump and think he's the good guy.

A good example. We were at a family celebration a few weeks ago. Local businessman I was talking to (who I'd previously assumed was pretty bright) said of Trump "We (him and his wife) really like him"

I asked him what he liked about him. "He says the things the rest of us are thinking"

I quickly pulled him up with "I've never, ever thought ANYTHING close to the things Trump says"

Embarrassed silence round the room after that.

Also looking forward to his defence asking that both women he paid off prove they had sex with him. I’m thinking the anatomical characteristics evidence that only someone who’d seen the organs in question would know about. I don’t think “tiny” will cut it- that’s seems to be known by millions.

I guess if you have a tiny penis you'd need tiny hands to "work" it. That's proof enough for me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back