advertisement

Truly great albums with no duff moments

sadcafe

pfm Member
As I look at my 100 favourite albums of all time, I realise very few are without fault. A duff track here or a naff vocal there. May be I am picky but even DSOTM and St Peppers have their weaker moments. The closest I get is Ziggy Stardust and strangely Camel Alive Record ( do not like their studio albums).

So what are your ' perfect 10/10 albums?
What are the duff moments that prevent your favourite albums being perfect?

As I look at my 100 favourite albums of all time, I realise very few are without fault. A duff track here or a naff vocal there. May be I am picky but even DSOTM and St Peppers have their weaker moments. The closest I get is Ziggy Stardust and strangely Camel Alive Record ( do not like their studio albums).

So what are your ' perfect 10/10 albums?

First 3 Velvet Underground albums. 'Radio City' by Big Star.

What are the duff moments that prevent your favourite albums being perfect?

Almost every Beatles' album has a duff track, usually with Ringo singing.

Perfect favourite albums
Crime of the century
Devin Townsend - Teria
Lou Reed - street Hassle

Favourite albums low points
Brain Salad Surgery - Benny the Bouncer anyone?
Wish you were here - have a cigar

All four songs on Beethoven's fifth are ace!

Well, that's what iTunes calls them.

Joe

whett I can recall at the mo..

of recent times: John Grant-queen of denmark
oldies:gerry rafferty-city to city

Steely Dan - everything up to Aja, but especially Countdown to Ecstasy

Joni Mitchell - Blue

Kings of Convenience are another band with high quality control. I rate "Riot on an Empty Street" as their best effort.

Love - Forever Changes
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Stones - Exile
Michael Jackson - Thriller
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Beatles - White Album, provided you don't consider Revolution 9 to be a song.

Perfect: A Love Supreme, Crescent, Miles Smiles, Saxophone Colossus, Clear Spot, The Richard D James Album, One Size Fits All, In On The Kill Taker, Raw Power, Hex, If You Want Blood and many many others.

Spoiled: WTF was Miles Davis or Columbia playing at when they stuck Nothing Like You on the end of Sorcerer? It would be my favorite Miles LP without it and it appears to bear no relation at all to the rest of the material

Got to be "Pawn Hearts"

^ This. :cool:

Also:

Tangerine Dream - Ricochet
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Amon Duul II - Live in London
Can - Soundtracks
The Bevis Frond - Any Gas Faster
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Kraftwerk - Computer World

Can't think of any duff moments on blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Chillies - some songs I like less than other but I think it all fits together brilliantly as a whole.

Also the Pixies Doolittle is great from start to think of it- come to think of it so is come on pilgrim and surfa rosa. Nothing on them I'd skip when listening.

advertisement

Back