advertisement

TRON Atlantic Amplifier...

GT

pfm Member
A TRON Atlantic Signature 300B amplifier just about to be packed and delivered to another lucky music lover...

65528042_2255114527875986_990583702301966336_o.jpg

It sounds amazing too...

You really do put everyone else to shame G, Radford Revival are the only brand that I see coming anywhere near, and they still have some distance to catch up.

Reactions: GT
There really arent any. Those anti vandals are everywhere though, they do just the biz in black anodized.

I realise I’m being very picky and appreciate it’s tricky to find something off the shelf.

I’d be inclined to stick something on rear and rely on the valves for visual feedback. Perhaps a reach-around isn’t desirable for all situations though?

For other products where valves aren’t visible, I’d prefer just a pinhole LED.

All very much IMO, the chassis design is really very nicely executed and, as SQ says, better than a great deal out there.

I realise I’m being very picky and appreciate it’s tricky to find something off the shelf.

I’d be inclined to stick something on rear and rely on the valves for visual feedback. Perhaps a reach-around isn’t desirable for all situations though?

For other products where valves aren’t visible, I’d prefer just a pinhole LED.

All very much IMO, the chassis design is really very nicely executed and, as SQ says, better than a great deal out there.

With 300B's and alike valves, there is almost no visual light emitted from the valves in operation so it is very difficult to see if the amplifier is on or off. Only valves like the 211 and 845 will emit enough light to indicate the amplifier is switched on without any additional indication. The switches we use are a special order item and it provides a red visual ring indication between the moving part of the button and the fixed body. We have taken feedback from our worldwide distributors over the last 22 years to find the best solution. Customers paying upwards of £8K expect to be able to switch the unit on from the front and not have to contort their arm around the back of the amplifier to switch it on, especially when it is mounted in an equipment rack. That would be a deal breaker in a lot of purchasing circumstances. The switch used is fitted nice and flush to the front panel to keep the overall design simple and tidy.

I personally really like those power switches, I have one on my Phono stage and they work really well. I would quite like one on the front of my Seven.

I personally really like those power switches, I have one on my Phono stage and they work really well. I would quite like one on the front of my Seven.

They will be fitted to the Seven Series replacement due out at the end of the Summer.

I had the two black ones for my tt psu laser etched with 33 and 45. They looked like a commercial item. Which I guess they were really.

Having heard a standard TRON Atlantic, the power button is just a tiny detail in what is really a very accomplished and natural sounding amplifier.

advertisement

Back