advertisement

[FS] Tron Atlantic 300B

Ianp

pfm Member
This is a genuinely regrettable sale. I won't bore you with the details, there's no tragedy here or anything, but I'm in a position where I need the funds. Whatever, it's only Hi Fi :)

The 300B are Genelex Gold Lion 300B as bought by myself new from Hot Rox. These haven't seen much use and retail at close to bonkers now !

lt's in beautiful condition and comes with a bespoke flight case. Collection preferred, Notts.

£4000 firm, and I believe this represents 55% RRP, though on speaking to GT before I bought this (who advised me to just do so !), I believe the RRP is to be increased in line with general industry increases across the board.

Finally, I think it's fair to say that these are as rare as hen's teeth on the used market.

Last edited:
Had a couple of folk asking about the age of the amp, which is fair enough as I didn't mention this. GT mentioned eight years when I spoke to him.

That's a fabulous bargain for someone looking for an end game 300B SET. 8 years is just run in for something like this. This will likely go on for decades and outlive the buyer. Impeccable build with top quality components and custom transformers - what is there not to like?

Beautiful amp. If I still had audionote speakers i would jump at the opportunity. Good luck with the sale

I do recall GT saying when l spoke to him prior to buying this the parts would cost more than the asking price of this amp now.

Peter, I've messaged you back with my phone number and email address so we can have a chat :)

I'd better add, I've just checked the receipt for this, it's a Signature ! A friend has an email from GT with current prices. The standard is £8500 and the Signature is £9500.

I'm getting a handful of enquiries asking about pre amps and speakers to suit the Tron but I'm reluctant to have a punt on advising as my system experience with this amp is very limited. Anyone with any such queries, do feel free to post here, there's always a wealth of experience.

And also, I've had a couple of offers. In the nicest possible way I'd like to stick to the asking. I appreciate I'm in for a bit of a wait as even at this proportion of RRP it's not small beer.

I'm confident this will shift, and I'm not going to bump it frequently as folk will get sick of seeing it !

I’ll chip in with a question as Ian says - will this play nicely with a passive pre (Khozmo?) or what does it really want pairing with?

And I agree, folks are unlikely to get sick of ogling it ;)

advertisement

Back