Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

TRON Atlantic 300B Stereo Amplifier

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by G T Audio, Jun 15, 2020.

1. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

I delivered another beautiful Atlantic 300B amplifier at the weekend. Although they all come out the same, this one was particularly nice as it had a new mains transformer design and was an absolute joy to build and assemble. It sounded extremely nice too. These amplifiers go together really well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To show the level of detail we go too, here is the underside of the bottom panel. The finish on the inside of the amplifier is identical to the outside, even though it is not seen...

[​IMG]

Brian S, jackbarron, Ruairi and 8 others like this.
  2. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Fantastic work, I just wish.... :)

G T Audio likes this.
  3. essgee

essgee pfm Member

Start saving Scotty.....

scotty38 likes this.
  4. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

Stunning amplifier and devoid of bling

5. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Lovely - could just imagine a pair of these at my house (preferably all black or dark grey and black).

Darren L likes this.
  6. Coda II

Coda II getting there slowly

And it is settling in very nicely Graham, thank you. Will post some more impressions on how it sounds in time, but for now this is how it looks in situ:
    [​IMG]

Pkay, effinity, Darren and 3 others like this.
  7. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Very nice indeed. I can see Tannoys I think, what else is in play?

G T Audio likes this.
  8. Coda II

Coda II getting there slowly

Yes, Legacy Arden. Also: Townshend Allegri+ pre, Metrum Onyx DAC fed by a Raspberry Pi/Pi2Design PI2AES

G T Audio and scotty38 like this.
  9. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Great setup, the TRON kit is stunning!

10. G T Audio

Thanks for all the comments.

Just for info, if you look at the output transformers note their size, these are designed for 2 x 300Bs per channel but we use them for one 300B per channel. This provides excellent performance, particularly in the lower registers. Here is a sneak shot showing some of the internals to give you an idea of the quality and attention to detail that goes into a TRON amplifier:

[​IMG]

All set screws, fasteners, washers and nuts are stainless steel and all the wiring is PTFE insulated. The finish on the inside of the case is identical to that on the outside.

Pkay, clap, effinity and 9 others like this.
  11. badger748

badger748 Like en eel. But in reverse.

OCD at it's finest. Weirdo! But you make great amps :/

12. G T Audio

How about this Titanium colour Mark?

[​IMG]

13. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Yes, that’s nice too :).

14. Dan K

Dan K pfm Member

Graham, I really like the way you strain relieve your wire to PCB connections.

Do you use a cut/bent wire or a silver jewlery eye pin and then a small piece of Teflon insulation? Very neat and no hot glue or epoxy mess :)

15. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

That exactly what I was thinking. All black would be my preference, with a matching RC Atlantic pre.

16. G T Audio

It really needs some contrast in colour other than all black which is why we went for silver. Black and Titanium also looks good. I have also offered gold/black and gold/red. The latter was for the Asian market, but they opted for the black and silver. Anyway in my experience during 25 years of building audio products, whatever you make, someone will always want something different, or something you don't actually make! :)

YNWOAN likes this.
  17. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Just bloody lovely, every cut and heatsink perfect....

G T Audio and scotty38 like this.
  18. Titanium and silver looks the best IMHO. The contrast between black and bright silver looks a little to sharp, maybe black and titanium would be better.

G T Audio likes this.
  19. slawekt

slawekt pfm Member

If they sound as they look internally someone is a happy bunny , exceptional attention to the detail *****

G T Audio likes this.