Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Discussion in 'music' started by smike, Jul 30, 2019.

1. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

Vinny and smike like this.
  2. smike

smike pfm Member

New one from Allflaws

3. smike

smike pfm Member

Thanks for this

4. halvis

halvis pfm Member

Ballistic Brothers - Blacker

Not sure if this counts as Trip Hop or not, actually probably does - Funki Porcini

smike likes this.
  5. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Now, that is real class. Thanks for that, and the link. Just about to pay...

6. smike

smike pfm Member

richth likes this.
  7. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Arrived this morning, playing now.

You said it - stunning!!! Totally and utterly beautiful music, mastering and pressing. Thanks again.

8. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

awesome, glad you’re enjoying it :)

9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Indeed I was, and will.
    I have had a VERY quick peruse of the Japhy website and am really lost...…………..so if you stumble across other gems like this, don't be afraid to post here. As you suggested, I am a fan of Burial.

10. smike

smike pfm Member

11. smike

smike pfm Member

Just found this beauty

12. smike

smike pfm Member

13. smike

smike pfm Member

One the the tracks and live performances that got me into this genre.

Tricky, Hell Is Round The Corner, live at Glastonbury 1995

14. smike

smike pfm Member

15. smike

smike pfm Member

New one

16. AlexG

AlexG ...

Very late to this, but I'm quite an UNKLE fan. They can be great, and they can be truly terrible, all depending what mood James is in and which artists are working with him at the time.

For me, their best stuff are the mixes that are out there. There's one from Selfridges from a couple or three years ago which is exceptionally good. I'd avoid the live performance at Koko, that's not great.

I'm waiting for a release of the live performance from the South Bank in 2018 (I think). It was a gig of 2 halves, and the upbeat half was great.

I've got loads of their stuff and most of the Mo'Wax output somewhere or other, some of it on physical media.

Have you seen 'The Man From Mo'Wax' documentary? That's well worth seeing and the soundtrack is very good.

17. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey I am a gig fan of Unkle too. I Would love to see them live if I ever get a chance. I have seen the Mo Wax documentary and I really enjoyed it. Was a good insight into James Lavelle and what was behind the label, Unkle and all the great music that came out around that time. Definitely a unique group who have consistently put out quality stuff for years.

AlexG likes this.
  18. smike

smike pfm Member

Vinny likes this.
  19. smike

smike pfm Member

Just found this group

20. smike

smike pfm Member