advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Loving these thanks

Not a problem, my pleasure - I stumbled on them and knew where a link would be appreciated in an instant :)
Yes, some absolutely cracking good stuff there.
I own a very small proportion, the stuff that is easily accessible as CDs/LPs basically. Tracking a lot of it down to download/buy is a bit ball-aching.

I once heard the K&D sessions described as the ultimate after party album and think that's spot on. Chilled but not sleepy, perfect for the come down.

Two beautiful tracks there Smike - I am SO TOTALLY in love with female vocals, and always have been...………………………………………….beautiful stuff

Two beautiful tracks there Smike - I am SO TOTALLY in love with female vocals, and always have been...………………………………………….beautiful stuff
Thanks, yes I do like me female vocals on trip hop music. First listening to Portishead got me converted

This is just laid-back stuff, stretching the intent of the OP a bit. Also not a female vocal :)
I refound this after getting sick of trying to remember what there was here and going through everything to generate a spreadsheet...……… VERY sad, but true...…………….

Stick with it and get a couple of tracks in...... you'll get bored or hooked :)

Pass on Plaid BTW, I think...…….it make take a few listens....

I once heard the K&D sessions described as the ultimate after party album and think that's spot on. Chilled but not sleepy, perfect for the come down.

A bit busy for my taste (and no female vocals LLLLOL) - I could come up with some more alcohol-induced chilled options :)

This is just laid-back stuff, stretching the intent of the OP a bit. Also not a female vocal :)
I refound this after getting sick of trying to remember what there was here and going through everything to generate a spreadsheet...……… VERY sad, but true...…………….

Stick with it and get a couple of tracks in...... you'll get bored or hooked :)

Pass on Plaid BTW, I think...…….it make take a few listens....

A bit busy for my taste (and no female vocals LLLLOL) - I could come up with some more alcohol-induced chilled options :)
Liking this vibe. Nice and light and soulful. Its chilling me out nicely

Hi, new here...

This is a topic close to my heart! Some great suggestions already.

The first Kid Loco album is a favourite of mine

Not strictly Trip Hop, but since K&D have got a mention already, Peter Kruder’s Peace Orchestra album warrants a mention - some lovely laidback breakbeat

Jim

Welcome indeed Condor Jnr., and thanks.

I will get back to those, I'm currently busy chilling to some slow guitar blues at the mo' :)

Hi, new here...

This is a topic close to my heart! Some great suggestions already.

The first Kid Loco album is a favourite of mine

Not strictly Trip Hop, but since K&D have got a mention already, Peter Kruder’s Peace Orchestra album warrants a mention - some lovely laidback breakbeat

Jim
Thanks. Enjoying these two albums. Two new artist to me.

Glad you like...

How about some Fila Brazillia? Doubt they ever labelled their stuff as Trip Hop, but it sits in that continuum of downtempo music that emerged in the 90’s.

All their stuff is good IMO, this album is representative in terms of their mix of samples and live instruments, and their sense of humour with regards to song / album titles!

Glad you like...

How about some Fila Brazillia? Doubt they ever labelled their stuff as Trip Hop, but it sits in that continuum of downtempo music that emerged in the 90’s.

All their stuff is good IMO, this album is representative in terms of their mix of samples and live instruments, and their sense of humour with regards to song / album titles!
Cheers, yes this is another that is new to me. Really liking the vibe off this stuff too. Can't believe this went under my radar

Not quite on par with Portishead and Massive Attack but Narrow Path by Josh One isn't a million miles away. Admittedly, it's not a million miles away from Groove Armada either, but still, it has its moments. Fwiw, it can be as a CD+DVD set with a decent surround mix on the DVD side.

advertisement

Back