Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Discussion in 'music' started by smike, Jul 30, 2019.

1. smike

smike pfm Member

Totally love this live show. Very Impressive.

2. smike

smike pfm Member

New Alpha Mist album

3. smike

smike pfm Member

Laid back vibes

Vinny likes this.
  4. smike

smike pfm Member

Vinny likes this.
  5. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

This MAY be Marge that we liked from a while back. The links at the time indicated a Greek? Turkish? band (edit - they appear to be Hungarian - Marge is Zsuzsanna Batta - she is the lyricist).
    Bloody good in this video, I just wish I could tie down a source for the music apart from download (NOTE - there appears to be a mediocre Philadelphia rock band of the same name) - there are a few videos linked to this, so have a hunt around on Youtube if it does hit the spot - enjoy -

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    smike likes this.
  6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    smike likes this.
  7. smike

smike pfm Member

8. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey thanks for this, yes really liking Marge, got a really great sound. Been checking out more Marge on Youtube. Very impressive stuff.

9. smike

smike pfm Member

More from Marge

10. smike

smike pfm Member

Vinny likes this.
  11. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

smike likes this.
  12. smike

smike pfm Member

Thanks for the links. I came across Black Chamber and I was so impressed. It seems like they have only done one album. Would love to hear more from them.

13. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

One album only, no hard copy, and extremely unlikely to be more. You can trace the band members via links within Discogs and one at least has not been involved in music since - he has a website that links to the SoundCloud page above but otherwise he seems to be an artist/sculptor, or similar - I didn''t spend any time investigating. None of them appear to have been involved in any generally available music-making for the past 5-6-7 years.

smike likes this.
  14. smike

smike pfm Member

Yes it seems that they did that one Black Chamver album then finished completely. It's a shame really as it's very impressive stuff. I found this album which is good too for the mix of trip hop and jazz type sounds.

15. smike

smike pfm Member