Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Discussion in 'music' started by smike, Jul 30, 2019.

1. smike

smike pfm Member

2. smike

smike pfm Member

3. smike

smike pfm Member

Vinny likes this.
  4. smike

smike pfm Member

New dark beats from these guys

Allflaws - Tectonic

5. smike

smike pfm Member

6. smike

smike pfm Member

7. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

New from Avashai Cohen, check out the whole album

smike likes this.
  8. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey I'm really loving this version, totally stunning. The way he plays the melody is divine. Gotta listen to more from this act.
    Will check out the whole album.

Vinny likes this.
  9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Avashai has been more an "orthodox" jazz musician until recently.

If you like what he does, also try something by Ibrahim Maalouf. This whole concert is quite superb, as are all his live performances/YouTube videos -

smike likes this.
  10. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey thanks for these. They are just incredible performances. Such creativity and soul. Totally Mind blowing how good they are Put them in my favourites and will be checking more out from them on the tube.

11. smike

smike pfm Member

Vinny likes this.
  12. hermit

hermit obsessive

13. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey thanks for this. I'm going to investigate. Sounds from Edinburgh. Love music from those times. Some of the best stuff came out from that era.

hermit likes this.
  14. smike

smike pfm Member

Loving this sound from the East Coast Project

hermit likes this.
  15. hermit

hermit obsessive

I played all four sides a couple of nights ago and I still love the album. I think it's dated well. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

16. smike

smike pfm Member

Hey no problem. I really like the whole sound of it. It was a great era for music and that project is just another gem from that time.

17. kingston12

kingston12 pfm Member

Another thank-you for the recommendation! I'm about halfway through now and loving it. I've picked up a few recommendations from this thread (I seem to own most of it already!), but this is the best yet I think.

I'm quite jealous that you've got the vinyl! I'll have to make do with the CD.

hermit likes this.
  18. hermit

hermit obsessive

I'm glad to learn that you're enjoying The East Coast Project. No need to be jealous as there's a vinyl copy for sale here. :)

smike and kingston12 like this.
  19. Alvarado

Alvarado pfm Member

Chanced upon the new album (Dec 20) We Will Always Love You by The Avalanches recently, it's now become a regular listen. I've also heard a couple of tracks on the radio (once on Radio Paradise, once on Don Letts, R6).

Anyone else a fan? If not and you're into the kind of music on this thread you might give it a listen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Will_Always_Love_You

Here's the track Don Letts played, I think it was released as a single. (Music starts at about 36 secs if you're busy!)

smike and Vinny like this.
  20. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Drifting slightly from thread title, but (no hard copy so far as I can find) -

smike likes this.