1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Triangle Antal ESW Loudspeakers

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Alan Brown, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

Three way, four driver loudspeakers by Triangle. Featuring all in-house made drivers: Horn loaded compression driver tweeter (TZ2400), paper cone mid-range with pleated surround (T13PE82c) and twin low throw bass drivers (T16DE160c). Handily the port is front facing and at floor level, so very room friendly. Heavy cabinets wrapped in cognac wood effect finish, with a handsome grey baffle, all mounted on an aluminium plinth with five spike levelling system.

Not often seen for sale so hard to value. Used prices seem all over the place on eBay, so how about £350 with some TQ blue jumper cables included, in order to clear some space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dating from the mid-nineties, they measure 1140 x 370 x 380 (that's right, metric because they are French!)

92dB sensitivity 1W/1M (2.8V), nominal 8 ohm with minimum 4ohm load. Known for being very valve friendly, I have found they absolutely thrive on large solid state class A amplification.

Quite superb midrange and treble integration with wonderful texture and dynamics, it has taken a very long time to find something that can beat these.

Please follow the link for further images to assess their condition: https://ibb.co/album/mOfOQa

See them working here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AooerSYsQoVhpAbQOONtRgAxczuX?e=ydfk1Y

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Collection near Eastbourne, or I can meet somewhere on the southern M-25 (services).

grahamfocal and effinity like this.
  2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

That’s a hell of a lot of speaker for £350.

Alan Brown likes this.
  3. sm1907

sm1907 pfm Member

BARGIN ALERT!

Alan Brown likes this.
  4. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Never heard them, but if they sound as good as they look they'll be a great buy.

Jack

Alan Brown likes this.
  5. Alan Brown

Thank you, gents.

Very stylish Tree-ong-lies from French France, which do indeed sound fabulous. I have original boxes in the loft (addressed to a well known hifi reviewer on North Kent - these were the review set I believe).

View the marks, tarnish and blemishes as stylish patina and enjoy a sonic bargain!

6. FLORIAN35

FLORIAN35 Member

they are fantastic for this price ! have a BUMP from me

Alan Brown likes this.
  7. clap

clap pfm Member

You have a PM. I'd like them please.

Alan Brown likes this.
  8. Thetiminator

Thetiminator Painfully virile

A £5k sound for £350!

Alan Brown likes this.
  9. Thetiminator

Alan what’s the song that’s playing, haven’t heard it before and it’s lovely...

Alan Brown likes this.
  10. sm1907

sm1907 pfm Member

I've a pair of Triangle Quartet's - quite similar to these. Super fast and really well balanced with a Naim amp

Alan Brown likes this.
  11. Alan Brown

That was by Dave Carter and Tracy Grammar, from Drum Hat Budda. It's called Disappearing Man, and it is lovely.

It's not really representative of their sound, they are much more folksy usually, but I love all their work and their backstory. The whole back catalogue is now on BandCamp I think.

12. Thetiminator

Thanks Alan will hunt it out...cheers bud.

Alan Brown likes this.
  13. Alan Brown

Thank you everyone! Looks like these are sold to @clap

TheDecameron likes this.