advertisement

Trashed cartridge. Options?

Funny enough, the very first 23R we got in shed its tip almost immediately upon set down on the first record. As I had been the one to install it (on a lovely FR64 tonearm), the shop owner was all set to blame me for its demise, when a quick call to the distributor revealed that there had already been some internal supply chain acknowledgment that these had been problematic. Regardless, Dynavector must have corrected the issue post haste, as the replacement worked well enough that the shop owner absconded with it.

Nice story, Craig. Wasn't on a ruby Tuesday by any chance? (Stones & Melanie (et al?))

Nice story, Craig. Wasn't on a ruby Tuesday by any chance? (Stones & Melanie (et al?))
Thanks, Mike, that's going to be stuck on repeat in my head all day now...

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you...

I got you back there, didn't I? :)

Thank you all for your thoughts. I have to admit that claiming on the house/contents insurance had never even occurred to me. I simply pay the premium each month and that’s about it. It seems the last time we made a claim was about 20 years ago.
I have already messaged Goldring, so I suspect the comments regarding the diamond cantilever will result in that particular option closing. I’ll await their response.
Myles - have written.
Peter
I've claimed successfully on house contents before for similar situation. Got a quote from my dealer for replacement.

advertisement

Back