advertisement

Transferring contacts from Nokia Dumb Phone to Samsung A10?

Mullardman

Moderately extreme...
As above. Mrs Mull's new A10 seems really resistant having contacts transferred. Tho' both have bluetooth it won't work that way. Connected via cable and although the new phone shows files from old phone is has no obvious way of moving them.
Surely it can't be that bloody difficult?

Download Nokia PC suite, save contacts in Outlook. Download Samsung software pick up cotacts from Outlook

Try copying the contacts to the sim card, then put the sim in the new phone and fetch them off. That's the way it used to work.
Sim cards have a limited capacity, and if they die (very rare, I admit), you lose everything.

I would copy the whole address book to her google account, and her new phone will get the contacts directly from there. Phones have a cache memory, meaning that contacts will remain available when offline. From that moment on, your wife will never have to worry about her address book anymore - even when I replaced my Android with an iPhone, this worked perfectly well.

Worried that Google knows your contacts ? Those have already been pumped out on the very day you logged in first time on your Android. Get yourself a working Nokia 3210 or somesuch if you want to avoid this.

OK. Managed to move other stuff she wants ( pics) via cable connection. Can't swap sims because old one is not 'nano' or whatever the smallest are called.
Finally, she's decided that she's happy to manually enter contacts. (about 60) as she needs practice using the Samsung keyboard etc. Remember her old phone is button operated.

As yet, she has no google a/c. I'll help her with that tomorrow.

advertisement

Back