advertisement

train ticket compensation

richardg

Admonishtrator
I made the silly mistake of trying the trains once again, first time for a while....I made another mistake I think by buying the ticket with Omio.

My journey should have been three trains with different operators. But such was the chaos, I could not even tell you which train I was told to get when my second train got cancelled (and I odnt know the operator) so we arrived for the third train to find it had completely disappeared off the noticeboard. Meaning we missed the flight.

Anyway, Omio says to get my compo, I need to go to the operator that was responsible for the delay....but they all were except the first one and our second one was not even the train we were scheduled to be on. we had to leg it and had no idea of the operator or the time.

So where do you start to get your money back fo the train ticket?

From what I can see Omio is like an intermediary broker.
Not their problem.
You need to go to the train companies.

Not sure if this helps you to pursue a claim, but we’ve just claimed, 4 tickets, just over £40 total, we were delayed nearly 2 hours, the compensation was just over £10.

Not sure if this helps you to pursue a claim, but we’ve just claimed, 4 tickets, just over £40 total, we were delayed nearly 2 hours, the compensation was just over £10.

that is delay repay? I got about £1.72 back for a £14 ticket a few months ago.

We've just claimed £192 for two tickets due to the strike.

that is delay repay? I got about £1.72 back for a £14 ticket a few months ago.

We've just claimed £192 for two tickets due to the strike.
Yes, nearly 2 hour delay out of Kings Cross last Tuesday night (16th).
I’m glad you mentioned this thanks, as my wife did the claim and said it was only £10 we were due (so approx. 25%) and now I’ve looked into it, it looks like only 1 ticket has been refunded as I see on LNER’s website we were due 100%, as per below:
F7701450-76-D5-411-B-8-CE3-459-B1480829-E.png

Yes, nearly 2 hour delay out of Kings Cross last Tuesday night (16th).
I’m glad you mentioned this thanks, as my wife did the claim and said it was only £10 we were due (so approx. 25%) and now I’ve looked into it, it looks like only 1 ticket has been refunded as I see on LNER’s website we were due 100%, as per below:
F7701450-76-D5-411-B-8-CE3-459-B1480829-E.png
thanks for that, I will not claim for 50% of a certain section of the journey, I will just stay away from trains from now. It is more reliable and much cheaper on the megabus

advertisement

Back