advertisement

Tracks jumping on Tidal/Roon

rbrown

I think therefore I think I am
Hi all,

Having a weird problem here, a few tracks on Roon are playing about the first 20 secs and then jumping to the end. “Keith Don’t Go” on Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live is a case in point. Could someone else have go at playing it just to see if it’s a problem with my set up or a problem at their end?

I’m running Tidal/Roon on a Mac Mini.

Edit: Some fancy googling suggests it’s a known issue at the moment. Hope they fix it soon.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-skips-to-next-track-in-middle-of-song/69829

Cheers,

Rich

Same on mine, tracks only 29 seconds long, funnily enough I submitted a support ticket earlier for track 2 of The Sciences by Sleep. That's only 19 seconds long!

I had a similar problem with Tidal yesterday whereby not all of some tracks were loaded. Very annoying. Not the first time, either. Plus more and more albums are being greyed out. I'm now running Qobuz alongside to compare. Definitely loads and searches more quickly and seems to have more extensive jazz. Not so well integrated in to the MiND app though.

Through UAPP the tracks play ok, they're still not working correctly in Roon or the Tidal Android app, most frustrating.

Still having trouble here with Tidal not loading complete tracks, eg Pink Floyd "Wish you were Here (2011 remaster)" Track one is shown as 13:31 long, yet only 00:50 loads. People may perceive this as tracks skipping, but I believe it's the same problem for all. Tracks are just not loading fully. Per my above post, Tidal is becoming far less attractive to me; more drop outs (not LAN related); albums being 'greyed out'; reoccurrence of track loading issue. Hopefully Qobuz will be more resilient, or it'll be bye bye to both of them and just play local files along with CDs.

@simon g I don't rely too much on Tidal, it is nice but I still buy music very frequently so my record collection and local network are always getting used. Trouble is with Qobuz is they have a fraction of what I listen to on Tidal, nearly all the labels I buy from are missing, if the industry really does want people streaming it really needs to sort it's game out.

In the meantime I'm off to order a new CD :)

I've been using Tidal for at least 2 years and last night was the first time I ever had a problem with it. I hope they sort it out soon, it's a very annoying problem.

Had a few issues recently with tidal through roon, tracks stopping playing after 50 seconds or so, or not at all. Same track and no problem when loading the Qobuz version of it. Tidal is cheaper and has a slightly better library with some of what I like, but if it carries on it’ll getting sacked off soon, anything missing in Qobuz can be ordered on cd easy enough

Having a weird problem here, a few tracks on Roon are playing about the first 20 secs and then jumping to the end. “Keith Don’t Go” on Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live is a case in point.
Even Roon/tidal has its pride.:D

SCR.:oops:

Last edited:
Can't get Tidal to play on Naim streamer at all. Radio is fine but nothing else, and I totally rely on Tidal for music. Can see all my playlists and the streamer is definitely connected to the internet. Checked everything in set-up and it all seems fine.

Was going to phone Naim today as their forum has no answers, but guess what, Virgin Media has a major outage and can't use my phone. How many months need to pass before this becomes even slightly amusing?

Can't get Tidal to play on Naim streamer at all. Radio is fine but nothing else, and I totally rely on Tidal for music. Can see all my playlists and the streamer is definitely connected to the internet. Checked everything in set-up and everything seems fine.

Was going to phone Naim today as their forum has no answers, but guess what, Virgin Media has a major outage and can't use my phone. How many months need to pass before this becomes even slightly amusing?

If Virgin are having a major outage you may just have limited internet access, tried restarting your router?

If Virgin are having a major outage you may just have limited internet access, tried restarting your router?

Done that last night. However, (feck me) it has just started working this minute for some unknown reason. The outage is not the reason for the problem which started last night before the outage. Some guys on the Naim forum had the very same problem and decided to chuck Tidal. Just checked again and all is fine, praise be. Mind you the outage has still not been fixed after 11 hours.

Done that last night. However, (feck me) it has just started working this minute for some unknown reason. The outage is not the reason for the problem which started last night before the outage. Some guys on the Naim forum had the very same problem and decided to chuck Tidal. Just checked again and all is fine, praise be. Mind you the outage has still not been fixed after 11 hours.

It may be related to the problems everyone else was having (tracks cutting short etc).

Touch wood, until last night I've never had a single issue with Tidal.

advertisement

Back