advertisement

Touch and HRT

Bourneendboy

pfm Member
A bit of guidance required chaps!

I'm using an HRT Music Streamer dac and would like to go wireless. Can I plug the HRT into a Touch and stream wirelessly from my laptop to the touch?

Cheers,

Bill.

I would have thought there would be no problem streaming wirelessly to the touch. However, the HRT 2 DAC is USB input only - isn't the touch optical/S/PDIF out?

I would have thought there would be no problem streaming wirelessly to the touch. However, the HRT 2 DAC is USB input only - isn't the touch optical/S/PDIF out?

Alan,
I think this is what I'm getting at. The HRT is USB only, is there a USB connection for an external dac on the Touch?

I think there is a hack of sorts that can be made to work - someone more squeeze savvy should be along shortly!

There are plenty of USB to S/PDIF converters out there, but I haven't heard of a S/PDIF to USB converter! FWIW, I love the concept of the SBtouch, but issues like this (and others) are why I ended up with a more flexible second hand McMini. The HRT is a decent little DAC though, I still have mine in the office system.

advertisement

Back