Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Torys vote to keep SH*T in the water.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Dogberry, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

British plumbing at its best, that.

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

This is the first case of Brexit related effluent whataboutism seen in these parts but I’m sure pfm has the pipe diameter to cope.

3. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

Build Back Browner

4. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

I don't need to go to Greece to dodge turds. I can do it on home territory in Shoreham by Sea. Southern Water had a record £90million fine this year, and yet our wonderful (not) MP Gillian Keegan voted against the amendment. How does that work?

Stuart Frazer likes this.
  5. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

More a case of over breeding. In 1997 the UK population was 58.32 million. In 2021 it’s 68.35 million. So I’d say about 10 million.

6. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Low bar of the week: "British waste water treatment better than Greek waste water treatment".
    In my limited experience of sailing in Greek waters, the majority of cruising boats belong to rental fleets, with Brits and Germans the main charterers.

7. TheDecameron

Code Brown! - an expression I first heard from an anaesthetist who seemed surprised I didn’t catch on to what he was referring to.

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

Were things OK in 1997 then?

9. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

Ahh. Just like the fifties. UK inshore waters rife with Polio again.

10. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Well, people were suggesting this problem was down to Brexit. The EU, of course, being a centre of excellence.
    Yes, Brits and Germans, also plenty of Norwegians, Italians and a very noticeable increase in the number of Russians.

11. TheDecameron

You could start by writing to the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Commons, asking them to keep their zippers up. They’ve 12 (that we know of) between them.

Rob998, kendo and Ponty like this.
  12. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

I thought it was the year when things could only get better.

13. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

It won't have anything to do with the Russians, because we all know that the Bears shit in the woods.

14. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

Well, it just seemed a bit arbitrary from your post, so I was trying to find out if there was a reason why you chose 1997, other than that it was 10m fewer people, and you'd got the number 10m in your head already. But if it was arbitrary, it was arbitrary.

15. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

That seems like...not the main problem here. I’m just reminded of the years leading up to the referendum when all the country’s problems, for which the country held all the solutions, were down to the Bureaucrats of Brussels. Now it’s their absence that ails us. If we want to get people to *like* eating shit then blaming it on Brexit is the way to go.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  16. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

The solution is always a cull. Fewer people trying to get their hands on his stuff.

17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

True enough, but I do think we ignore Malthus at our peril, as it happens. Just not particularly in a domestic context.

18. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Even the BBC has this one down to a shortage of chemicals caused by, erm, *you-know-what*.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58476545
    And you can't blame this on panic buying by a gullible public fed BS by the tabloids.

19. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

20. TheDecameron

I miss the good old days on pfm when Mick and Mescalito would proudly announce they’d rather burn their gelt pile than let any Bolshevist get their dirty hands on it.

Darmok likes this.