advertisement

Torys vote to keep SH*T in the water.

Probably washed up on an Ionian shore somewhere, along with the rest of it. Their systems can’t even cope with loo roll for heavens sake.
This is the first case of Brexit related effluent whataboutism seen in these parts but I’m sure pfm has the pipe diameter to cope.

I don't need to go to Greece to dodge turds. I can do it on home territory in Shoreham by Sea. Southern Water had a record £90million fine this year, and yet our wonderful (not) MP Gillian Keegan voted against the amendment. How does that work?

How many people do you think the UK would need to deport in order for things to return to normal?

More a case of over breeding. In 1997 the UK population was 58.32 million. In 2021 it’s 68.35 million. So I’d say about 10 million.

Not ideal but it’s a lot worse elsewhere (in the EU). I’ve just returned from sailing in Greece, who have a far lower population density than the UK. The sailing is spectacular but would I swim in the water? Absolutely no chance! Raw sewage is straight into the sea. Plus, thousands of yachts (there’s no money in Greece…) dumping holding tanks, supposed to be closed in harbours yet the place is swimming in turds. Aside from the temperature, I’d far rather swim in UK waters.
Low bar of the week: "British waste water treatment better than Greek waste water treatment".
In my limited experience of sailing in Greek waters, the majority of cruising boats belong to rental fleets, with Brits and Germans the main charterers.

Low bar of the week: "British waste water treatment better than Greek waste water treatment".
In my limited experience of sailing in Greek waters, the majority of cruising boats belong to rental fleets, with Brits and Germans the main charterers.

Well, people were suggesting this problem was down to Brexit. The EU, of course, being a centre of excellence.
Yes, Brits and Germans, also plenty of Norwegians, Italians and a very noticeable increase in the number of Russians.

Well, people were suggesting this problem was down to Brexit. The EU, of course, being a centre of excellence.
Yes, Brits and Germans, also plenty of Norwegians, Italians and a very noticeable increase in the number of Russians.
It won't have anything to do with the Russians, because we all know that the Bears shit in the woods.

Except some of the releases are happening due to a shortage of chemicals for water treatment, directly caused by distribution issues that are one of the many unintended consequences Brexit. So not quite FA.
That seems like...not the main problem here. I’m just reminded of the years leading up to the referendum when all the country’s problems, for which the country held all the solutions, were down to the Bureaucrats of Brussels. Now it’s their absence that ails us. If we want to get people to *like* eating shit then blaming it on Brexit is the way to go.

Well, it just seemed a bit arbitrary from your post, so I was trying to find out if there was a reason why you chose 1997, other than that it was 10m fewer people, and you'd got the number 10m in your head already. But if it was arbitrary, it was arbitrary.
The solution is always a cull. Fewer people trying to get their hands on his stuff.

True enough, but I do think we ignore Malthus at our peril, as it happens. Just not particularly in a domestic context.

That seems like...not the main problem here. I’m just reminded of the years leading up to the referendum when all the country’s problems, for which the country held all the solutions, were down to the Bureaucrats of Brussels. Now it’s their absence that ails us. If we want to get people to *like* eating shit then blaming it on Brexit is the way to go.
Even the BBC has this one down to a shortage of chemicals caused by, erm, *you-know-what*.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58476545
And you can't blame this on panic buying by a gullible public fed BS by the tabloids.

The solution is always a cull. Fewer people trying to get their hands on his stuff.
I miss the good old days on pfm when Mick and Mescalito would proudly announce they’d rather burn their gelt pile than let any Bolshevist get their dirty hands on it.

advertisement

Back