1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tory Operations Art - A democracy take-down

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Colin L, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Snufkin likes this.
  2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Shit! It’s all getting a bit scary.

3. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Is it though? I'd like to like that thread but it doesn't give one concrete example of this "operational art" thingy. It takes a very long time to say what Steve Bannon said much more succinctly: flood the zone with shit.

Marc O'Brien likes this.
  4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

Who is James Wallbank and why should I trust his assessment?

5. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

That’s what I was thinking. He seems to be just some random bloke writing stuff on the internet.

Note: We need to respect democracy all the time, not just when it suits us.

6. Marc O'Brien

Marc O'Brien Active Member

That was a lot of guff wasn't it? A bit like an Adam Curtis docu is essay form.

7. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

You shouldn't trust it at all. But you should take some of his points and test if they concur with what we are seeing and hearing from the Tories.

Personally I have no doubt that the Tories are using information/disinformation dark-arts and are weaponising personal data.
    Also that the Tory party, knowingly or not, are being used by billionaires and libertarians (Atlas network, Matthew Elliott etc...) to further an anti-democratic agenda,

All IMO of course.

8. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

I agree, but tell that to the Tories who are systematically removing over-sight from the system.