advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

This is the good bit. Very short.

Truss versus the dangerous "militants" :rolleyes:. Otherwise known as the harmless students. Who were probably protesting for sensible cause. Maybe a protest against having a hopeless incompetent as Prime Minister or something like that.

I'm all for zero tolerance of the dangerous extremists who seem hell bent on disrupting our essential services.

Unfortunately they're standing for leadership of the Conservative Party.

Truss versus the dangerous "militants" :rolleyes:. Otherwise known as the harmless students. Who were probably protesting for sensible cause. Maybe a protest against having a hopeless incompetent as Prime Minister or something like that.

At the end of that clip Truss talks about democracy, but the foundation of democracy is choice and we do not have any choice except monetarism. And monetarism is founded on a lie.

Monetarism itself is profoundly undemocratic

“Infiltrators”. She’s utterly depressing. Keep throwing red meat to the angry white pensioners. Who writes her lines, Darren Grimes?

It’s interesting that she’s referring to protests as “unfair”. It’s an unusual formulation and doesn’t make a lot of sense. Emotionally, though, it does channel the resentment of older conservatives at being called racist etc. by young people. That does suggest she’s actually quite good at this. And by this I mean channeling the resentment of elderly conservatives, which is basically the whole of modern conservatism. She’ll go a long way!

It’s interesting that she’s referring to protests as “unfair”. It’s an unusual formulation and doesn’t make a lot of sense. Emotionally, though, it does channel the resentment of older conservatives at being called racist etc. by young people. That does suggest she’s actually quite good at this. And by this I mean channeling the resentment of elderly conservatives, which is basically the whole of modern conservatism. She’ll go a long way!
And look at her trigger words like ‘NHS’, and how only their economic plan can save it. It is a lie

After Johnson, Truss etc dressing-up at the tax payer’s considerable expense for various vacuous PR photos I considered the bar was set pretty low, but check this out (Twitter). Just incomprehensibly crass, yet still bang on message for such a morally repugnant grandstanding Conservative Party.

Jesus Christ!, that’s another level of repulsiveness way above what I consider normal shit behaviour for a Tory

After Johnson, Truss etc dressing-up at the tax payer’s considerable expense for various vacuous PR photos I considered the bar was set pretty low, but check this out (Twitter). Just incomprehensibly crass, yet still bang on message for such a morally repugnant grandstanding Conservative Party.

Their smiles seem like something from a dystopian science fiction movie. Equal parts chilling and disgusting. Wish I hadn’t seen that.

Reading the tweets comments, it's not quite what it seems. Apparently, it was taken in June and the mother wanted him to be part of the jubilee celebrations. That's according to one of the comments anyway.

I don't see anything wrong with it, the story seems to have been hijacked and twisted by a left wing commentator on Twitter, that's the disgusting behaviour using a dead boy for political point scoring

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/20183785.archie-battersbee-visited-hospital-southend-mp-anna-firth/

Ms Firth made the visit to show support for Archie and his family during this extremely difficult time and to raise awareness for the ongoing fundraiser to support his family.

Ms Firth also presented Archie with his own personalised Platinum Jubilee certificate ahead of the Jubilee weekend as has been given to other children in Southend West and also met Archie’s sister, Lauren.

Commenting, Hollie said: “What a lovely visit from Southend’s MP Anna Firth. Genuinely interested in Archie’s condition and day-to-day care.

“She even had a little chat to him along with her chaperone Richard, again very lovely young man.

“Anna brought Archie a Jubilee certificate and flag so he doesn’t miss out on the celebrations. Richard already knew all about Barry.”

I suspect there would have been less criticism on here if she'd been giving him a Hero of the Soviet Union badge rather than a Queens platinum jubilee certificate.

Looks like that photo was taken before Archie was declared dead on the 13th of June. The hearing was imminent and doctors believed he was brain stem dead at the time.
I wish I hadn’t seen it.
There is something unnerving about the smiles and the imagery and what is a Jubilee Certificate and why would anyone want one?
I saved it to my photos but will delete it because it makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Can’t believe nobody has asked Sunak if he would end the non domicile status mechanism should he become PM. Sir Kier sez he would and other tax loop holes used by the super rich.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with it, the story seems to have been hijacked and twisted by a left wing commentator on Twitter, that's the disgusting behaviour using a dead boy for political point scoring

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/20183785.archie-battersbee-visited-hospital-southend-mp-anna-firth/

Ms Firth made the visit to show support for Archie and his family during this extremely difficult time and to raise awareness for the ongoing fundraiser to support his family.

Ms Firth also presented Archie with his own personalised Platinum Jubilee certificate ahead of the Jubilee weekend as has been given to other children in Southend West and also met Archie’s sister, Lauren.

Commenting, Hollie said: “What a lovely visit from Southend’s MP Anna Firth. Genuinely interested in Archie’s condition and day-to-day care.

“She even had a little chat to him along with her chaperone Richard, again very lovely young man.

“Anna brought Archie a Jubilee certificate and flag so he doesn’t miss out on the celebrations. Richard already knew all about Barry.”

I suspect there would have been less criticism on here if she'd been giving him a Hero of the Soviet Union badge rather than a Queens platinum jubilee certificate.

Must admit having seen his mother in the photo I too went with the glass half full interpretation, though these politicians do love a photo op.

Reading the tweets comments, it's not quite what it seems. Apparently, it was taken in June and the mother wanted him to be part of the jubilee celebrations. That's according to one of the comments anyway.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, please.

Another perspective on the protest at Liz Truss hustings performance:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1555642127115247617

Includes a bonus "Go back to your own country" from a Tory who isn't savvy enough not to say the quiet part out loud.

Seriously, my heart bursts with pride when I see young people fighting for a better future like this. 100% unequivocal support.
‘And who will you be voting for Marjory, the nice white lady or the Indian gentleman?’

Also the protesters were removed from Liz4Leader’s hustings with more respect from the security staff than if a Tory MP had taken matters into their own hands-

Can’t believe nobody has asked Sunak if he would end the non domicile status mechanism should he become PM. Sir Kier sez he would and other tax loop holes used by the super rich.
That can’t be right. Labour is the same as the tories, or is it that Labour has no policies on anything? In any event, what you said there can’t be right.

advertisement

Back