advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

293118203_10227686046407317_1972413190548939058_n.jpg

Braverman will be out in the first round, so nobody cares. Let's hope the new PM, whoever he/she is, will ensure Braverman isn't allowed anywhere near a responsible job

I'm intrigued that you think any one of the current 9(?) are fit to be the Conservative leader/ Prime Minister let alone not chose Braverman for a cabinet posting!!

Regards

Richard

It seems to me entirely germane. Especially the last sentence.

No, I think you're off on your own tangent there. Why do I think small businesses should have a tax free allowance like individuals? Not so that businesses can take out loans or any other macro view, but simply to help lower wage earners (I'm really talking about mico businesses). Such a thing existed until it was scrapped under Cameron in 2015.

No, I think you're off on your own tangent there. Why do I think small businesses should have a tax free allowance like individuals? Not so that businesses can take out loans or any other macro view, but simply to help lower wage earners (I'm really talking about mico businesses). Such a thing existed until it was scrapped under Cameron in 2015.
Are you including landlords amongst these “wage earners”?

If such a company can't pay a wage above 'low' then it is a failed enterprise and should disappear. But okay...you said 'micro businesses' and let's say some things are worth keeping alive as they do interesting niche work. I have a micro business, I am the only employee doing uncommon work,. Some tax relief would assist me, but am I really entitled to it? Why should I have tax relief compared to say a useful food supplier?

I said it elsewhere, when general spending isn't at austerity levels, tax doesn't feel like a burden. You're looking at the wrong solution. No tangent here I'm addressing the exact issue.

Amusing to see suffragettes being shown as an example of Tory values. And I wonder if some of those in the film have given permission for their images to be used in a propaganda video.

I see that someone has!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62112006

'However in an early mishap shortly after launching, she posted a new version of her campaign video after paralympian Jonnie Peacock asked for footage of him included in the clip to be removed.

A new version of the video was posted around two hours later, with footage of cricketer Jonny Bairstow and the Welsh national football team also removed.'

If such a company can't pay a wage above 'low' then it is a failed enterprise and should disappear. But okay...you said 'micro businesses' and let's say some things are worth keeping alive as they do interesting niche work. I have a micro business, I am the only employee doing uncommon work,. Some tax relief would assist me, but am I really entitled to it? Why should I have tax relief compared to say a useful food supplier?

I said it elsewhere, when general spending isn't at austerity levels, tax doesn't feel like a burden. You're looking at the wrong solution. No tangent here I'm addressing the exact issue.

As you've exemplified, lots of businesses are micro businesses with one employee. Presumably you don't think individuals should have a tax free allowance either.

I made the mistake of watching Andrew Neil’s Conservative Party Show or whatever it is called. The one on Channel 4 where he fawningly talks to various Tories about Tory stuff. WTF? Why is this shit on my television?

Escapes me exactly who they owe this 2.3 Trillion or whatever too, given they can just print money when it suits them and bung it to their chums to stash in the Cayman Isles.
Resignations, severance payments? The whole shower should be behind bars for a long time on a bad day or hung , drawn and quartered on a good one! As to the senile turncoat filth in the House of Lards, Starmer being a Prime example, bulldoze the whole shower into the stinking Thames.

I was trying to remember what stupid things they've each done and said, and i'm afraid it's all turned into a blur. I'm currently thinking Sajid Javid is the least worst candidate, having I think been a tax avoider with a typical banker non-dom arrangement (before public office) but also something about having a consultancy job after his stint as chancellor. Have I missed anything obvious?
He let a baby die to pander to racists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

They don't need help. It's not 'spiteful' it's a fair stab at the truth.
Who doesn't need help? I don't care if businesses aren't individuals, I don't think any businesses or individuals at the bottom of the tree should be paying tax from the first penny.

I am not a landlord by the way, not that it's relevant.

It has to be one of them, of course. I realise it's not much of a choice.

I don't profess to know the Conservative party rules on electing a replacement leader but I doubt it is compulsory to vote in the first place and, even if it was, there would be nothing stopping them spoiling their voting papers.

Thus, although so unlikely to happen it isn't worth thinking about, they don't actually HAVE to vote for any of them?

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back