advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

Looking forward to Liz going to hand her resignation to the King this week. Hope it’s somewhere inconvenient to get to and maybe he’ll send her away with a big bag of organic vegetables from his garden and a signed book on climate change.

Her again !

She killed the Queen. The chances of killing the King this time ?

German radio (WDR2) and French radio (France Info) were ripping the p*ss out of us today. Richi PM, but for how long this time ?
The turnip monarchy.
A fly on the wall view of Boris’s usual shambolic, lazy and unprepared approach to work if any form ( just like Brexit, just like Covid) - literally begging for votes that didn’t materialise,

“Former Conservative party leader Iain Duncan Smith has said that Boris Johnson was “begging for votes” over the weekend, having returned from the Dominican Republic to try and put together a leadership campaign.

Speaking to Andrew Marr on LBC, he said: “I think the problem when Boris came over was: one, Boris was completely unexpectedly having to do this. He made no plans. He had no team. He kind of expected I think when he arrived that there would be at least 150 people claiming him. And this would grow to the majority that didn’t happen, suddenly they find themselves struggling and begging people for votes”.

How the hell can he say that like it's a good thing?

Just look at Tory party history! If they could bring back colonialism, slavery and workhouses they would. This is the party of elite class warriors and has never been anything else. Same with their US Republican Party counterparts who have never for a second moved beyond being butthurt about the abolition of slavery. The political right absolutely hate the idea of civil rights, progressive taxation and state services. They exist to dismantle these things.

I'm kinda confused, as we have prime ministers over here as well, but why do British prime ministers regenerate like Doctor Who?

Joe

Well done Rishi for becoming something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, a uk prime minister who isn't white.
And that's coming from an independence supporting Scotsman who'd never dream of voting for the Tories. Quite a big day in my book.

s5VO6NN.png

*snigger*

I'm kinda confused, as we have prime ministers over here as well, but why do British prime ministers regenerate like Doctor Who?

Joe

We've just had a previous generation of The Doctor return. Luckily we dodged that bullet with our PM.

Well done Rishi for becoming something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, a uk prime minister who isn't white.
And that's coming from an independence supporting Scotsman who'd never dream of voting for the Tories. Quite a big day in my book.

It says a lot though that he feels he has to joke about the colour of his skin, to appeal to the Tory base. Just awful:

He's a tory of the most entitled kind, in his willingness to further impoverish the less well off it's possible he sees most of us as Dalit.

Despite the Pantomime, the real issue remains the political ignorance of huge numbers of UK voters.
Millions gave no thought to the likely consequences of giving Johnson..and more to the point, his backers, a huge majority.

Millions are still too stupid to grasp what they did and still insist that Johnson was stabbed in the back. Meanwhile theTory Right is still in power, Brexit isn't 'dun', the economy is ruined, public services are ruined, etc...blah. .
And millions still employ the most vacuously astounding justification for continuing to support the Tories, because, based on zero evidence 'Labour would be worse ..'

I despair ....I really do ....

I don’t think Labour would be worse as I don’t think anyone could be worse than this lot but would be nice to have some meat on the bone as far as what Labour are about.

advertisement

Back