advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

People have short memories. If he makes it to 2023 without any drama, much of the current chaos will largely be forgotten by the Spring.

But if we get drama in the next few weeks/months, he's in massive trouble. No mandate. Little support among the public.

We might get drama. I mean, it's (highly) possible that he turns out to be a rubbish Prime Minister. Like every other one we've had in the last few years...

People have short memories. If he makes it to 2023 without any drama, much of the current chaos will largely be forgotten by the Spring.

But if we get drama in the next few weeks/months, he's in massive trouble. No mandate. Little support among the public.

We might get drama. I mean, it's (highly) possible that he turns out to be a rubbish Prime Minister. Like every other one we've had in the last few years...

Think people are forgetting that Sunak lost the vote of tory members only six weeks ago now he's prime minster by coronation, he'll never last.

Not voted in by MPs, lost a recent election to be tory leader and no mandate.

There has to be a GE and soon.

I don't think people will stand for this latest tory shit.

<moderating>

I’ve started a new thread. Liz Truss is over. A whole new chapter of fail has opened.

Thanks TL.

I didn't partake at all in that thread, cheesy truss was a fail even before she was made the pm.

A failure of a liberal democrat in the first instance, imv.

He certainly has no mandate for the sort of austerity many people expect him to introduce. The party has a mandate based on its 2019 manifesto, he should adhere to that or go back to the people and argue why something else deserves their support. He won't, though, because crisis.
The problem is that if he did go back to the people on the question of austerity, we still would not get an alternative to austerity, just a choice between Tory austerity and Labour austerity.

517m5m.jpg

Given that many people will be going though many months of waking up realising they are worse off than before, I suspect that'll jog their memory. Being cold and hungry does that.

Main cavil is people who read the Daily Flail and have the memory span of a goldfish. i.e. standard non-wealthy Tory voter. Their perception of reality would be shunned by Philip K Dick as absurd.

advertisement

Back