advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

I suppose the first question is how many of the full-on nutters will be in the new cabinet.

Private Francois was on TV earlier making threats and menaces on behalf of the ERG insurgents earlier. They will settle for nothing less than breaking international law on their full self-immolation Brexit. How many of this fascist wing get jobs will be a good indicator of just how weak and fractured the party is.

s5VO6NN.png

Aye there's about five different factions so effectively Sunak only has the support of about 50% of tory MPs.

…and the support from the ERG comes with very publicly stated threats and menaces. Baker yesterday and Private Francois today both came across just like the local gangster turning up at a pub or nightclub demanding protection money. “Give us what we want or something may catch fire…”.

And the support from the ERG comes with very publicly stated threats and menaces. Baker yesterday and Private Francois today both came across just like the local gangster turning up at a pub or nightclub demanding protection money.

He won't last, wouldn't surprise me if he does call a GE, he has to IMO, he'll lose it but that will probably be best for the tories in the long term.

I think this will be the end of the tory pary as we know it, they'll split I think.

This is thier gang of four moment.

I think this will be the end of the tory pary as we know it, they'll split I think.

I wish you are right but fear you’re not.

As a politician here said once “the worst day in government is better than the best day in opposition”, there’s no way an election will be called until it has to be.

.sjb

Rishi Sunak has become prime minister without a vote by anyone and without saying a word in public during his campaign. Quite extraordinary.

Nicely put by Richard Murphy (Twitter).

I wish you are right but fear you’re not.

As a politician here said once “the worst day in government is better than the best day in opposition”, there’s no way an election will be called until it has to be.

.sjb

We'll see but he has a split government which will hamstring him from day one, the only way to obtain control of his own MPs is to call a GE and lead from the result of that but he won't win a GE so he's effectively finished from day one.

advertisement

Back