advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

I I’ve no idea how they actually get people into a room with these crooked truth-twisting grifters.

my friend Tom had Rees-Mogg wandering around his workplace, he asked for an urgent meeting with his supervisor to get away from him. He said you could see the other meeting rooms filling up with people doing the same.

my friend Tom had Rees-Mogg wandering around his workplace, he asked for an urgent meeting with his supervisor to get away from him. He said you could see the other meeting rooms filling up with people doing the same.

I’ve done the same in the past. I’m quite open about it. I just explain I don’t want to be in the same room with some arsehole Tory MP or minister as I’ll just end up telling them exactly where to go. If a Tory MP walks into a room I’m in I’ll walk out. Life is way too short for that shit.

Morning LOLs.

Matt Hancock has said he did not "primarily" go on I'm A Celebrity for the money, despite his £320,000 fee.
The former health secretary donated £10,000 - 3% of his total fee - to two charities, which he defended as a "decent sum".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64464928

I was reading about this last week, the sh!t actually received about £400,000 last month which included an upfront fee of £50,000 for his book deal and £10,000 for a speaking engagement, he basically gave the charity his fee for talking shite for an hour.

Johnston received over a £1m last month BTW.

Brexit is a ‘complete disaster’ and ‘total lies’, says Tory business boss

Private equity veteran Guy Hands says Boris Johnson ‘threw the country and the NHS under the bus’

Brexit is a ‘complete disaster’ and ‘total lies’, says Tory business boss | Business | The Guardian

The amount of cash we've wasted on trying to make Brexit work (more than we've paid in fees to the EU) plus the money we've lost on various Covid 'projects' would surely have covered a pay raise for the nurses. A windfall tax on leave voters to cover any shortfall should there be one.

Bad economics at the BBC enabled Tory austerity and its aftermath – and it knows as much
James Meadway
Too many journalists don’t get ‘basic economics’, an internal review says. Imagine the effect that’s had on UK politics

The review does not hold back. Independent experts Andrew Dilnot and Michael Blastland state clearly that “too many” BBC journalists lack an understanding of “basic economics”. This particularly affects reporting on the central political issue of government debt, with “some journalists” apparently “instinctively” believing all debt to be inherently bad – and therefore failing to appreciate that the role of government debt is “contested and contestable”.

[Could say the same about most MPs I expect]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/31/bad-economics-bbc-tory-austerity-uk-politics

Brexit is a ‘complete disaster’ and ‘total lies’, says Tory business boss

Private equity veteran Guy Hands says Boris Johnson ‘threw the country and the NHS under the bus’

Brexit is a ‘complete disaster’ and ‘total lies’, says Tory business boss | Business | The Guardian

Admittedly a remainer but right after the referendum he was calling for Hard Brexit and total deregulation. Singapore On Thames etc. Short memory I guess.

Still anyone who can lose $2.5bn on a single deal is probably well qualified to comment on 'complete disasters'.

I just don’t get why Sunak doesn’t sack Raab. He can’t lose. No one likes the **** anyhow. Sacking folk is the trick- they are all shit anyhow. Mr integrity- “make my day”. I hate the Tories but it’s an easy way out of the hole he’s in.

Last edited:
I recall plenty of reports of Russia using cluster bombs in Syria.

Good point.

From Wikki:

According to Cluster Munition Monitor 2022, the list of 16 countries that refuse to sign the convention and produce cluster munitions included Brazil, China, Egypt, Greece, Iran, Israel, India, North Korea, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, the United States and Turkey.

advertisement

Back