advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

More on Tory grifter Dominic Raab effectively using a burner phone for official business (Good Law Project).

This is the behaviour of gangsters, drug gangs etc. It only reinforces the fact the modern Conservative Party, like their Republican equivalents, are a criminal entity. Everything they do is designed to hide evidence and remove scrutiny whilst lining their pockets at our expense.

More showboating and deflection again by Sunak today , more money for the NHS but most already promised anyway , more ambulances but half are replacements for old ones , more beds but probably nowhere to put them and of course no staff for any of the above !
Totally pointless announcement

I didn’t watch his drivel but saw the clip of him walking in to a load of icy stares from NHS staff. I’ve no idea how they actually get people into a room with these crooked truth-twisting grifters.

More showboating and deflection again by Sunak today , more money for the NHS but most already promised anyway , more ambulances but half are replacements for old ones , more beds but probably nowhere to put them and of course no staff for any of the above !
Totally pointless announcement
I see the firefighters are going to strike. They can probably see a Tory Chancellor who was hiding millions from the revenue while they put their necks on the line for a bare living wage. Sunak’s fake window dressing won’t wash with them.

I see the firefighters are going to strike. They can probably see a Tory Chancellor who was hiding millions from the revenue while they put their necks on the line for a bare living wage. Sunak’s fake window dressing won’t wash with them.
If script writing for 'Yes Minister' was still going on, this shower would be a goldmine - "OK George, whats the list like today of who is going on strike" There will be no need of a list soon, as the reply will just be - "everybody, sir"

I didn’t watch his drivel but saw the clip of him walking in to a load of icy stares from NHS staff. I’ve no idea how they actually get people into a room with these crooked truth-twisting grifters.
The hope that they might need some urgent and very painful medical attention?

These IMF growth projections highlight Tory lies and revisionism that the UK remains in the middle of the pack economically (Twitter). Their economic ideology, grift and incompetence looks to have driven us into a recession every other nation in the list has avoided. Even Russia! The UK is the only negative figure.

These IMF growth projections highlight Tory lies and revisionism that the UK remains in the middle of the pack economically (Twitter). Their economic ideology, grift and incompetence looks to have driven us into a recession every other nation in the list has avoided. Even Russia! The UK is the only negative figure.

I’m not an economist, but does that table say that we did pretty well last year?

Look around you! Do you think we did well last year? In the area I live you could do less damage with cluster bombs than the Tories did economically.

I know, I read your posts and I have been thinking hard about what you say about civil disobedience - we should discuss it properly. I too was disturbed by what I saw on my last visit to North Manchester.

Check out Russia. The lesson is obvious.

We need to start a pointless and brutal war with a neighbouring state.

Look out Scotland!

I’m not an economist, but does that table say that we did pretty well last year?

Growth for the UK in 2022 is frequently seized upon as proof that we are (or were) doing better than our contemporaries, but it needs to be considered along with performance in the previous years.

In 2020 and 2021, UK GDP fell much more than our contemporaries / competitors, as the impacts of brexit causing trade uncertainties, staff and product shortages (remember petrol tanker drivers?) in addition to covid made things uniquely worse for the UK. The faster growth we recorded in 2022 therefore reflects us recovering from a lower starting point and still does not bring UK GDP back to pre-pandemic levels, whereas our contemporaries have now moved ahead considerably by comparison.

Growth for the UK in 2022 is frequently seized upon as proof that we are (or were) doing better than our contemporaries, but it needs to be considered along with performance in the previous years.

In 2020 and 2021, UK GDP fell much more than our contemporaries / competitors, as the impacts of brexit causing trade uncertainties, staff and product shortages (remember petrol tanker drivers?) in addition to covid made things uniquely worse for the UK. The faster growth we recorded in 2022 therefore reflects us recovering from a lower starting point and still does not bring UK GDP back to pre-pandemic levels, whereas our contemporaries have now moved ahead considerably by comparison.
We also need to consider what GDP actually measures.

Check out Russia. The lesson is obvious.

We need to start a pointless and brutal war with a neighbouring state.

Look out Scotland!
They’ve fired their first warning shot- for the first time in the lifetime of the Scottish Parliament, blocking royal assent of legislation passed by a large cross party majority. This from a party with no democratic mandate in Scotland, on the way down and out, with a leader too afraid to stand for election in a constituency in his own name.

I heard someone on the radio last night suggest that the Tories are engaged in a deliberate slash and burn policy in order to leave an incoming Labour government with a wasteland to repair.

This might be a bit extreme, but looking at the scale of destruction, it is difficult to argue that it isn’t deliberate. This level of incompetence cannot be accidental, it requires planning and coordination

advertisement

Back