advertisement

Tory corruption & sleaze (lobbying, second jobs, dodgy contracts etc)

Until today I thought we were certainly looking at the end of a tory government at the next election. I suspect that today might mark the beginning of the end of the tory party.
I wish it did. However we have developed such a supine public, informed by a tame press, that politicians are not expected to be better than this. It beggars belief. You've broken the law, so we'll let you rewrite the law.

But it's all right because we can vote these people out if they are crooks. Said someone on here, a few times.

Until today I thought we were certainly looking at the end of a tory government at the next election. I suspect that today might mark the beginning of the end of the tory party.
No, this is not the end of the Tory Party at all. It’s just the next few steps on the path to a bright new dawn

51651908267_31df25071d_m.jpg

It’s blatant and not good. You’d think they would be comprehensively kicked out at the next election but doubt that will happen. I couldn’t vote for them in an election next week but couldn’t vote for anyone else either.

It’s blatant and not good. You’d think they would be comprehensively kicked out at the next election but doubt that will happen. I couldn’t vote for them in an election next week but couldn’t vote for anyone else either.
Thanks for that. The best thing you could do right now and it will take 5 min: email your MP with that.

Out of interest, what stops you voting for alternatives when the incumbents are corrupt and have designs on neutering most of the institutions that could hold them to account?

If there is a single Tory on here who supports this then I’m going to call you out for what you are, a low, vile, worthless person ie scum!

There must be plenty of Tory voter members here, probably the majority here are so.

I can barely comprehend what is happening with the Tory Gov actions of today. They are shameless and will seemingly do whatever they want.

We are fighting back with The Good Law Project, but they are fighting back using our own taxes.

This is a new low. I find it hard to comprehend.

Just another step on a clearly defined trajectory, e.g. the illegal prorogation of parliament, today’s clearly corrupt rewrite of parliamentary standards, Johnson lying to the Queen (along with everyone else), the blatant multi-£bn corruption and fraud throughout the covid 19 pandemic, breaking international law over Brexit, breaking international law regarding refugee safety, breaking international law over the GFA, burying/absolving war crimes, ramping up state snooping, eroding civil rights, ramping up nationalism, xenophobia, clamping down on protest with police state powers, trying to seize control of the media etc etc etc. It is a near endless list.

Tory voters really need to wake the hell up and realise exactly what they are enabling. This is not a ‘conservative party’ at all. It is now an entirely different thing.

Out of interest, what stops you voting for alternatives when the incumbents are corrupt and have designs on neutering most of the institutions that could hold them to account?

Well, I couldn’t vote for alternatives I regard as hopeless just because I couldn’t vote for the party I would traditionally vote for. We need a ‘none of the above’ on the ballot.

World King will be smelling the mob tonight. He could still make a human sacrifice of Patterson if the public mood goes against him. After all Patterson is of even less value than Hancock.

AgBQdRS.jpg

Just another step on a clearly defined trajectory, e.g. the illegal prorogation or parliament, Johnson lying to the Queen (amongst everyone else), the blatant corruption and fraud throughout the covid 19 pandemic that diverted £bns of public money into grasping donor hands without public tender and usually for substandard or non-delivered goods, breaking international law over Brexit, breaking international law regarding refugee safety, burying/absolving war crimes, state snooping, eroding civil rights, ramping up nationalism, xenophobia etc, clamping down on protest with police state powers etc etc.

Tory voters really need to wake the hell up and realise exactly what they are enabling. This is not a ‘conservative party’ at all. It is now an entirely different thing.
I'd argue that all of us need to wake the hell up and seek common cause. We have an anti-democratic government whose aims must be opposed implacably. That means all opposition parties need to work together, and all parts of the electorate that understand the threat to democracy need to start working together. Any division and, under FPTP, without a written constitution, piece by piece the levers of opposition (the right to protest, judicial review, Human Rights Act, press oversight, Electoral Commission's power to prosecute, etc.) will be stripped away.

Well, I couldn’t vote for alternatives I regard as hopeless just because I couldn’t vote for the party I would traditionally vote for. We need a ‘none of the above’ on the ballot.
I'm all in favour of a 'none of the above' option, but that's a cosy request for a less consequent set of circumstances.

I don't mind sounding alarmist: in the circumstances in which we (and the USA) find ourselves the choice boils down to support for democracy and the rule of law or a slide into authoritarianism.

And what do you do when you can't vote any more, or your vote is pointless (Russia, Iran ad nauseum)?

Just watching Newsnight and it looks like Labour are going to boycott any new system and all other parties should do the same IMO. Just leave the Tories on their own up to their necks in their own criminal corruption. No other party should endorse or legitimise this shit.

Just watching Newsnight and it looks like Labour are going to boycott any new system and all other parties should do the same IMO. Just leave the Tories on their own up to their necks in their own criminal corruption. No other party should endorse or legitimise this shit.
They have to. Thatcher era cadaver Peter Lilly has been wheeled out to defend the indefensible.I think there will be a faux climb down but business as usual behind the arras.

I’d like to see some external legal challenge too if at all possible. Get these crooked shits into a proper courtroom and in front of a jury. Good Law Project, Gina Miller etc.

advertisement

Back