advertisement

Top service from B&O

linnfomaniac83

I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!
A couple of years back, I purchased a pair of e8 first generation earbuds, I loved them and used them a lot… until the adhesive failed on the right earbud just before Christmas. I spoke to B&O on the phone and was promptly sent a link to process a return (simple and painless process). Finally got round to sending them back last Thursday with a UPS shipping label sent by B&O, got an email today with an apology and asking me to pick a colour for a new pair of the latest model (EQ ANC, retailing at £349)… at that I was more than satisfied, but they’ve gone one better and restarted the two year warranty with a new receipt. You can’t do better than that, praise where it’s due!

Wow, that really is great! Were they still under the original warranty?
Just about yes, but I’d have been happy if they’d just replaced the faulty bud… a new pair, latest model is very welcome, and a new warranty even more so. They’re effectively treating the replacement as a new purchase, with a new receipt. Great stuff! I was looking at buying the new version anyway, and now I don’t have to.

I will buy B&O again, quite fancy the H95 headphones, can’t really afford them right now but I’m quite confident I’ll be in good hands when I’m ready to buy.

Great service, well done B&O, and good to see that a premium priced product still comes with premium levels of aftersales. It's something we seldom factor in when making price-based purchase decisions. Not wishing to hijack your thread, but it reminded me of a similar positive experience with Sennheiser about 4 years ago. Nice to be able to give credit where it's due, isn't it? :)

Great service, well done B&O, and good to see that a premium priced product still comes with premium levels of aftersales. It's something we seldom factor in when making price-based purchase decisions. Not wishing to hijack your thread, but it reminded me of a similar positive experience with Sennheiser about 4 years ago. Nice to be able to give credit where it's due, isn't it? :)
Absolutely!

Stories of good service are always nice to hear and should be shared. We're always very quick to complain.

I always had a problem with B&O though. About 30 something years ago, I went for a job interview at one of their service centres, near Wigan I think. On the way back home, I got caught speeding on the M62 and got a 2 week ban. And I didn't get the job.

A few years ago I got a Beolit smart speaker. It died just after its warranty expired, and B&O wouldn't repair it, let alone replace it. Never again.

advertisement

Back