advertisement

Tool 10,000 Days

There are some comments in the "What are you listening to now" thread.

In summary Alex G was/is a bit disappointed that, following on from Lateralus, it's not "the best album in the world ever", Anex thinks he (Alex) and everyone should simply get over Lateralus and move on, whilst I'm really enjoying it. It's more of a grower but none the worse for that.

Get it.

Hi Guys
I have 10,000 Days also...

I too have slightly mixed feelings, some of it is outstanding and some of it is a bit too long and 'too much more of the same'..I think it's abit more of a concept than I realise at the moment....

Sounds abit more like older Tool, Undertow, but with a modern day production and welly...

I think Lateralus is 'better',but I am not hung up on it to cloud my judgement..

Overall, it's still high quality, err, Metal?? And I would definately have it in the collection to 'mull over' the bits that I thought were 'OK'.. It's worth buying alone for the first track and 'Pot'..It also makes lots of other bands sound like school bands :)

If you like Tool, just buy it!

Like all the best music with longevity, it unfolds and suprises you when you least expect it!!

Cheers
Goose

Just to clarify my POV, all the Tool albums are different, I just don't think comparing back to Lateralus gets you anywhere. They're always growers, they always catch you out, Lateralus is great, so is 10000 days. I'm following the threads on a couple of Tool forums closely to find out what secret the artwork is supposed to reveal. A few people reckon they've got it, apparently something to do with the layout of the candles in Justin's pic representing a constellation and from there you get letters or something. They haven't revealed it yet though and I haven't got a clue personally. Its also quite funny seeing people reading way too far into it, obviously the Fibbonacci sequence has been mentioned as it always is in things like this.:)

Let's just agree that it was very good indeed on repeated listenings... Fear Inoculum next, 30th August.... title track is excellent

Absolutely epic news... and so soon!! Just enjoying the 24 bit versions of 10,000 Days and Lateralus, both quite superb.

Still growing for me as well, I think all of the full tracks are very good and some of them can be added to the very top tier of Tool songs. That's more than I expected so I'm very happy with the record.

advertisement

Back