advertisement

Tommy Vance RIP

Paul Dimaline

12" round member
.....Only 63. He was essential listening when I was having my "Rock phase". As effervesant as John Peel was laid back, i'm running out of hero's :(
LINK

Paul.

Originally posted by Paul Dimaline
He was essential listening when I was having my "Rock phase". As effervesant as John Peel was laid back, i'm running out of hero's :(
Likewise. Another sad loss...

Tommy Vance will be very sadly missed..............i remember as a child listening to the Friday Rock Show on Radio 1 .............i used to listen on a little tranny radio ,under the pillow , as my folks wouldnd let me stay up .

he introduced me to a lot of the music i still listen to today

bb

Tommy Vance will be very sadly missed..............i remember as a child listening to the Friday Rock Show on Radio 1 .............i used to listen on a little tranny radio ,under the pillow , as my folks wouldnd let me stay up .

Same here, I can remember creeping around trying not to disturb my parents, whilst feeding my Ferguson Studio 20D music centre with tapes, in order to record the classic Reading coverage the Friday Night Rock show did.

Great stuff a true classic presenter.

RIP.

Andy.

Still got a tape somewhere of a live Tangerine Dream concert I recorded fom his show a good 22 years ago.

RIP.

What everyone else has said, really.
I can still remember how beautiful and poignant the words TV used were, when he announced David Byron's death, back in '85.
Then he played 'Heep's "July Morning", as if it had been written for just that purpose.
Tommy always knew what to play, when to play it: when to talk and when to let the music talk... compare and contrast with dear old Fluff or the Smashey and Nicey mob.
RIP Tommy.

Nice words indeed.
I can only reaffirm what has been said previously - obviously not as 'cool' as Peel but still great memories for a whole generation of spotty teen metal fans listening to the radio under the pillow on Friday nights

advertisement

Back