advertisement

Tokina 16-28mm f2.8 Lens

Milan

pfm Member
I acquired this recently with very little use and no box. It has the newer lens hood that actually clips in and supposedly some weather sealing. Due to inclement weather it has not ventured out till this last week!!

7476229266_99d54ff886_o.jpg

Derelict house near Copeland in the Barington Tops area.

7476228962_6af3869779_o.jpg

Karuah River at the Riverwood Downs Resort in Barington Tops.

Due to its 90mm front element and integral hood it is a bugger to fit a filter to as there is no way of attaching one. I have tried hand holding a 95mm PL to good effect. No issues with it as I am using it on a cropped sensor. Now the challenge to adapt an old Canon lens hood to be able to mount the filter.

must be similar size and weight compared to the 14-24 Nikon. Those images are nice and sharp and contrasty :)

Yeah, does look nice. The lack of filters is a bit of a pain - I wonder why they didn't put a rear filter holder thingybob on it. Colours look warm as well which is a look I like!

I am working on an answer to the filter problem. As I am using an APS-C sensor I plan to put a push on lens cap on it that has been cut to allow me to fix a 95mm PL to it. This should not give me a problem at the corners.

I did try and hand hold the PL and got the following picture;

7476229624_60eb85e082_o.jpg

However, with the size and weight (your are spot on Cliff) it gets very tricky and is not a practical solution.

I have both a PL and UV in 95mm so will look at fitting it as the lens is 90mm diameter. A rear holder would have been fantastic though.

advertisement

Back