advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Just experienced a tropical thunderstorm :))) whilst sitting in a nice burger place just near Kingscross station. I asked the waitress if we could stay until the rain stopped even if it didn’t stop until 3am, she said yes as long as I helped with the tidying up, deal done.

Actually stopped not long after, now enjoying a Staropramen in the hotel bar, £4.60, not bad for London.

Beautiful creatures. I'm a hopeless swimmer and the prospect of seeing a shark up close is about the only thing that would tempt me into the water. Where was that taken Gary?

We are on holiday in Florida, Dania Beach, the parent in laws live here. Just passed my advanced diver and nitrox diver, so its been a good time! This is the largest thing I have seen, beautiful thing, I was gutted it had line hanging from it, but according to the the FIL its very common sadly.

VAT return, what joy. I’m an unpaid tax collector. Actually, it’s worse than that because it costs to collect and administer!

We've just had a heavy thunderstorm. I had to go out to clear the drains of debris as there was a large, and growing puddle outside the house.

The house has flooded in the past apparently and I've got my hi-fi and music collection in the cellar!

Disaster averted. I think I'll break my "no alcohol on a school night" rule as I deserve it.

Reports of several local roads being flooded and tarmac being raised in some!

First, meticulous planning of today’s stroll through the lanes in order to maximise the amount of free fruit en route.

Then, executing those plans ruthlessly and efficiently.

52290079134_688cf4ce70.jpg

52288834562_37dc537c79.jpg

We've just had a heavy thunderstorm. I had to go out to clear the drains of debris as there was a large, and growing puddle outside the house.

The house has flooded in the past apparently and I've got my hi-fi and music collection in the cellar!

Disaster averted. I think I'll break my "no alcohol on a school night" rule as I deserve it.

Reports of several local roads being flooded and tarmac being raised in some!
Isn’t school out until September?

I attended rehearsals by Les Siecles, the French period instruments orchestra conducted by Francois Xavier Roth. Right of Spring straight through then about 8 bits of the score revised with the whole orchestra and about 6 sectional replays after that.

went to the office, helped a colleague with the setup for a hybrid robotics workshop. Met with the boss, glad I was one step ahead of him in various matters. Met with my admissions tutor to look at the state of play before clearing starts.

Tomorrow is my last day before hols. :D....Two meetings....

Youngest Son is back up from the I.o.Wight doing a bit of brickwork for us. Boy is 32 yrs old now and filling out slightly with muscle, always give him a long hug.
I think it lasagna today, a favourite. I like a second day slice of cold lasagna, delectable.

Looks like the council is going to fill some potholes in the lane. Going from past experience, the patches will crumble and within a year need doing again. The Wife has been campaigning to get the holes filled for ages, I have low hopes.

The smell of burnt barley field has gone today, at last we had a decent downpour yesterday.
After the field fire The Farmer harvested the remaining crop, so our Field view is straw stubble, which is unpleasant to walk on with sandals - I always get stabbed in the foot.

A couple of weeks ago The Wife picked a few pounds of blackberries, Wife then prepared the blackberries with sugar and a litre of gin. The colour of the blackberry gin is deep, and I can almost taste it. Apparently we have to wait a week or so… ooh the anticipation.

Household had some how managed to dodge covid until now.
My wife tested positive today so conversations are full of colourful metaphors.

Watch a few races from york and behave impeccablee.

we were once in York at a time that coincided with the races - never again....i havent seen so many besuited people so drunk - i have never seen so many people pissing in the street, that the roads were flowing with urine. What is a lovely place, turns deeply unpleasant on race days.....

advertisement

Back