advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

some work. Some more negative scanning - trying to work out the location of some photos - luckily i spotted a distinctive building in the background of one, that confirmed it was KK.

Next up trying to date a roll of photos - it is in KL, possibly about 1997/98/99 - but before April 2000. This might need looking back at old passports.....

oh and in between gaps - putting up the new motorised roller blinds (no strings for cats to destroy).......

Visited a lovely catholic church in Paris with beautiful windows

Admired a shop with big ceremonial swords for sale

And had a nightmare queuing for eurostar for some hours in heat due to cancellations

Next up trying to date a roll of photos - it is in KL, possibly about 1997/98/99 - but before April 2000. This might need looking back at old passports.....

we think it was either a one day stopover on the way to Vietnam (Louise's passport stamps show in and out on the same day in July 1999. She was also there in April 1999 for 5 days, which looks like she was joining me as I was on an extended work trip to various places in Malaysia.

We think it is the latter, as we wouldn't have had a hotel on a 1 day stopover, and there is a photo of Louise and I in a hotel room

designing a new task for interview candidates. one to one with the boss - few months ago i asked for some interesting rewards for the 77 people in my team - i am happy to say i got everything i asked for.

Two Teams meeting this morning. I feel surprisingly tired but at least I didn’t have to drive 120 miles each way.

Tottered down to Tescos to stock up on the booze. No-one ahead of me in the queue seemed able to work out how to use the self-checkout machines. Maybe it's the hot weather.

trying to find some breeze in the office, one fire in the distance so far today, had to order another tanker load of diesel.

Onion, bacon and avo salad for lunch in a minute so off to raid the fridge.

Admiring the most extraordinary chastity belt with some interesting shapes to poo and wee through

Also a tobacco resuscitator that folks used by the thames to blow tobacco smoke up folks rectums in the 1700s

Now on a train which has been diverted as some dear soul jumped under a train at stechford

Cooking a huge pan of spag sauce containing celery peppers herbies onions and 30 meatballs, should be done in 15 mins or so.

Flew back from Cyprus, landed at 2am, got to bed at 3:30, then up and out to the dentist for 8:45 for part 2 of a crown fitting (remove temporary one and fit proper one). £695 ouch!

Just been out to get more Ronseal fence paint at £6.38 (£10 at B&Q).

Needed petrol, so checked the PetrolPrices app, and one a bit out of the way had £1.699, against my usual Morrisons, which was £1.727. When I got to the Jet station, I had to do a double take, as it was £1.649!

Admiring the most extraordinary chastity belt with some interesting shapes to poo and wee through

Also a tobacco resuscitator that folks used by the thames to blow tobacco smoke up folks rectums in the 1700s

Yer blowin' smoke up my arse!

Ha indeed . I shoukd have said all these exhibits at the welcome museum in euston road . Fascinating free museum if you get a chance to go

it is great - we frequently pop in there. Go across the road to the Euston Tap for a few craft beers. If you hang around the cider tap usually opens at 1600

Just got in after a train saga getting home from Edinburgh because Tanspennine Express cancelled five trains from Edinburgh today with no notice.
Ended up on a Euston Avanti train and got off at Crewe, then train from Crewe to Wilmslow then taxi.

funnily enough we were just on 12.43 euston to edinburgh train today , diverted via Stafford as some poor chap jumped under a train . caused us to have to go to wolverhampton . train then carried on to Edinburgh

The Field/s are on fire. Fire service doing what they can,The Farmer has cut some firebreaks.

Everyone on the lane has moved their cars, if it gets into the field closest to us, we are toast.
It will have to cross a stream, but the trees are old and will go up easy… Bit tense.

edit: luckily, it isn’t very windy

D17-FBC4-C-6-B89-465-B-A5-F5-2-D32-E920-D90-E.jpg

advertisement

Back