Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Today I have mainly been v3

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TalYWaun, Jun 8, 2022.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

day off today....sorting through more negatives - at least trying to ID locations and if possible dates.....

2. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Brighton is an odd mix of things.
    Friend of a good friend's son killed himself there. Horrible consequences ensued for those left behind.
    You have my sincere sympathies and best wishes.

Big Tabs likes this.
  3. billo

billo pfm Member

Went to see the snake worshipers (Ormskirk) as it was market day. Got a new, sealed copy of remastered Bowie's "Pinups" from one of the stalls which was a nice surprise. Free travel with my OAP pass on the train as well so there was money to splash on a burger and beer.

4. nmtjb

nmtjb pfm Member

Sorry to hear that Mull. I'm just into week 5 and after 3 weeks of virtually no progress (or 1 day good, 2 days bad...), things seem to be getting better on a day by day basis. Not over doing the stretching exercises and plenty of cold packs seems to be working. Still limited walking though, but have managed a few revolutions on a static bike, albeit on the highest seat setting.

hifinutt likes this.
  5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

horrendous to hear about godson....what a tragedy

Big Tabs likes this.
  6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Replacement knees can be a real pain, thank goodness no sign of infection mull which is the killer..hopefully rest will help .5 weeks is not that long with all your other health conditions

7. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Today I have been stomping around the Glos countryside climbing over billions of stiles. Berkeley church is very interesting.

hifinutt likes this.
  8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

enjoying a fantastic thunder and lighning show in the mountains . Awesome . Very wet indeed and nice and cool

nmtjb and AudioAl like this.
  9. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

[​IMG]

Blood donation.
    No Club (or equivalent) choccy biccies on the Rewards table afterwards.
    Life never ceases to throw up new small disappointments.

Mullardman and Weekender like this.
  10. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Service gone to the dogs

11. gintonic

went to the Giggling Squid in WGC. Its been open for about 6 months, and almost impossible to get a table. Managed to get an early table last night.

Another reason for visiting WGC, was to take a look at the new tap room that's opened there a few weeks ago....wow it is good nice range of beer on 12 lines plus one cask. Very impressive, turns out the bar manager is an acquaintance I knew from another tap room, and a bar I ran some gin tastings in....

Having a tap room in a 2 pub (1 OK, and 1 terrible) town is brilliant- we were blown away.

12. gintonic

discovering this morning, that a cat (Marley) has eaten through some of the strings on the motorised Venetian blinds. They are fVcked.....lasted 4 years. That's 2 lots of curtains and a Venetian blinds they have destroyed

i knew motorised roller blinds like we have in the bedroom would have been better.

13. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Knee Arthroscopy done, first time under a GA. I wasn't looking forwards to it but it was pretty easy going. Pain OK at the moment!

14. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Another walk, only local this time. Too many pesky flies/midges to linger long unfortunately.

15. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Couldnt afford the 15k the mayor wants to climb mont blonc ..( deposit to cover rescue and funeral costs ) so caught the train up. Rack and pinion .incredible views .

Altogether 10 trains today including 3 rack and pinion , the one in leysin was so steep you could barely standup straught getting off

canonman and gintonic like this.
  16. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

oh my goidness i remember you putting them up ..4 years !!

gintonic likes this.
  17. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

18. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

Strolled around Wells (Somerset) for a few hours. Lovely place, and we spent some time perusing the art exhibition in the cathedral. Saw that art restoration expert from the telly, and resisted the temptation of sneaking up behind him and shouting BENDOR! in a Christopher Lee voice.
    Simple pleasures.

19. gintonic

Went to Hitchin, nice pizza for lunch, loads of beer and dinner. So impressed by the tap room in WGC we came back. Bumped into a colleague, 16 pints.

20. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Used to go to the one in Henley regularly, been there 10 years. Consistently very good food and great atmosphere.

gintonic likes this.