Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Today I have mainly been v3

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TalYWaun, Jun 8, 2022.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes i am sure you can get sensors resistant to spiders surely !!

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Sat in waiting for the wasp exterminator to come and get rid of a wasp nest in our dormer roof space.
    Normally I’d leave them alone but we are getting one bedroom with dozens in every day.

3. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

After a bloody hard day at work I’m relaxing listening to Yello with a large scotch in one hand and a Newky Brown in the other :)

MUTTY1 and Big Tabs like this.
  4. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

:D

5. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Spotted this in Chipping Campden!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rosewind and hifinutt like this.
  6. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Packing and stuff, off to Cyprus for a week this afternoon :cool:

hifinutt likes this.
  7. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Well, they are very refined in Chipping Camden.

Ponty and hifinutt like this.
  8. canonman

canonman pfm Member

A balanced diet

Durmbo likes this.
  9. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I defrosted the freezer yesterday. Jesus, that was a PITA. Eventually I gave up when it was almost done because I was fed up with mopping the floor and chipping away at the permafrost.

Today I will be mainly taking stuff to the charity shop.

10. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

My Dad always maintained that a balanced diet was a sausage sandwich in each hand.

11. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Your dad had excellent views. Off to cafe now.

12. Still getting used to my new working hours, managed a 60 minute dog walk before I had to leave today.

Cheers BB

13. Martin J

Martin J pfm Member

About to go for a haircut and then over to York for a ride on my e-bike.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  14. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

A low carbon footprint (not to mention free) dinner last night. Venison shot 800m away, tomatoes and lettuce from the estate, eggs from grateful chickens just beyond the curtilage and the first of the new season’s Charlottes. Although the foliage hasn’t died back on them completely yet, a bit of ferreting around beneath suggested it could be a bumper crop. OK, not entirely free - a shame about the salad dressing, but if there are olive groves and lemon trees around here I haven’t found them yet.

15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

went to see a building site this morning - now processing some applications for promotion

16. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Hope you get there before it all melts.

17. billo

billo pfm Member

Cut the grass this morning, well actually had to use a strimmer on it as it was so dense and had started to go to seed. I was half expecting to find an old Japanese guy in there who refused to believe that WWII had finished

Durmbo, hifinutt and Bjork67 like this.
  18. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

If you have access to a wet and dry vacuum it can be very handy in this case. When I need to clean the filter on the drain on my washing machine I look out the wet and dry vac. Especially handy the time a paper hankie completely blocked the filter and the machine stopped half full of water :mad:

19. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

We did have one, but it broke. We had it repaired, and it broke again, so we gave up the unequal struggle and got shot of it. It was a shame because it came in handy for hoovering up the leaves that fell from the wisteria in their thousands during Autumn.

20. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

Bloody wisteria. Had some for 7 years and just one flower. The spade awaits. And if you tell me it takes 8 years for them to flower, I’ll put you on ignore.