advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Mother staying so popped into Daylesford. Jesus wept, you’d be forgiven for thinking the prices were in French Francs.

Pressure washed the garden furniture. Failed to find any iroko dowel in the garage for repairs. Will check out the wood merchants on Monday.
Another round of spidergeddon in the garage lifted my spirits after someone suggested that Truss would be our new PM.

I have some iroko and am happy to turn into dowel for you. How much do you need?

I have some iroko and am happy to turn into dowel for you. How much do you need?
Wow, that's very kind of you! In the meantime I picked up some hardwood dowel from the merchant - looks like mahogany but it's close enough. Glue now drying.
Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Picked up a load of water jet cut ply, layers for 2x 401 plinths for my mate and me and some experimental pieces for my odd mag lev turntable. Should’ve been working, formulating excuses in advance of tomorrows teams mtg.

Just watched "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" (on Arte) for the first time. What a great film.
I remember seeing it on release at the Odeon, Marble Arch. When I came out I wanted to go up to the queue at the bus stop outside and say ‘You have got to go in there and watch this film...’

Arte - what a great channel, BTW.

Just discovered there were train delays today because of a giant tortoise on the line, poor thing got injured as well.

Just watched "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" (on Arte) for the first time. What a great film.
Love the scene where the patients/inmates are aboard a boat on a fishing trip and Jack Nicholson's character introduces them, perfectly believably, as a group of eminent MMT Economists.

Last edited:
Do read the book too! I read it when training as a nurse in psychiatry ( we were called mental nurses) I lent it out at work and never saw it again. I took that as a good sign.
I was living in a arty/hippy community and never worked out whether I enlightened the mental health service of Sussex or their drug-taking students had found it of their own accord:)

Just discovered there were train delays today because of a giant tortoise on the line, poor thing got injured as well.

Obviously a plant by the Tory press to undermine the RMT. What depths won’t they stoop to?

this morning - faffing around with HR matters. This afternoon - project board for the new building - we were told steelwork starts to arrive on site this week - which is exciting.

Up first thing cleaning spider webs from alarm sensor after got called to false alarm last night . requested caretaker to get the thing upgraded as its a VERY noisy alarm and you can hear it from a long way and i dont like getting called out !!

Admired the MASSIVE row of artificial flowers in a shop here [ presumably for weddings ] would make a fantastic photo with all those colours but i dont suppose the shop owner would appreciate it

Organised a job in the West End and visited our site in Charlton this morning. A bit of admin this afternoon. The calm before the storm, I'm expecting August to be our busiest month yet.

Recieved our tickets for QPR v Boro on Saturday, which I'm looking forward to.

Cheers BB

Up first thing cleaning spider webs from alarm sensor after got called to false alarm last night . requested caretaker to get the thing upgraded as its a VERY noisy alarm and you can hear it from a long way and i dont like getting called out !!

I don`t expect the spiders were too pleased either.

spider webs from alarm sensor after got called to false alarm last night

that reminds me our sensor in the garage keeps going off for the same reason. This one triggers a camera. Strangely the alarm one is not troubled by spiders at all

advertisement

Back