advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

The ABBA show was pretty stunning, sometimes hard to believe it was not real. Highly recommended!

52252111443_30686ef73d_b.jpg

(small glimpse of my Mott the Hoople T shirt!)

My third day having a bit of a drive to get used to an unfamiliar car. The love affair will be short as I don’t get off on cars, but, nearly 200 horsepower with a bucketful of torque from a Diesel engine is rather cool if you like rapid without drama.

The ABBA show was pretty stunning, sometimes hard to believe it was not real. Highly recommended!

52252111443_30686ef73d_b.jpg

(small glimpse of my Mott the Hoople T shirt!)
I’m a rural hick and don’t get going to a concert where the group are the only people not there! Good on you. I don’t get it but it great you can share it with an adolescent less than sullen:)

I’m a rural hick and don’t get going to a concert where the group are the only people not there! Good on you. I don’t get it but it great you can share it with an adolescent less than sullen:)

I know what you mean, mind you, when you go to a Mozart concert, Mozart isn't there. Looks like the sort of thing my missus and daughter would love.

for the moment lazing around waiting for a nice breakfast. Later, going home from ThE GREATEST EVER London.

breakfast - started with smoked and cured fish, middled with a sizable full English, ended with some nice toast and thick cut marmalade. Washed down with three double espressos and a pint of virgin mary

breakfast - started with smoked and cured fish, middled with a sizable full English, ended with some nice toast and thick cut marmalade. Washed down with three double espressos and a pint of virgin mary

I'm partial to a pint of virgin mary, my recipe is tom juice, celery salt, dash of red wine vinegar and hot sauce of choice, stirred with a flattened spring onion. what's your recipe please.

tomato juice
celery salt
Worcestershire sauce
tabasco
black pepper
squeeze of lemon
celery stick

Its all just fell out and now its time to cook my spaghetti with meatballs in a tomatoey peppery celery sauce.

cooking a dal, a rassam and some carrot fry to go with some Chettinad chicken and some lamp methi. A kind of Thali

Tonight we are eating fried hake on black rice with asparagus, broad beans and broccoli with a butter sauce followed by strawberries and cream.

I will remember to cook the next batch of meatballs not so long and maybe add a few more herbs. Was tasty though thoroughly enjoyed them.

Went for a walk in The Field. Slipped and fell over. Got a nice graze on my forearm and hand. It could have been a lot worse. The Wife was not impressed and gave me a bollocking, although I wasn’t trying to fall over. Ache a bit now, but feel a bit more alive.

Sat with The Wife whilst she watched women playing football. Impressive swearing from my beloved, she knows all the choice words. Most of the bad language was aimed at the referee.

Ate a load of homemade hummus. I love the stuff.

Just heard that The Daughter and Granddaughters are back from Y-Not festival. I hope they had a great time, looking forward to hearing about the bands/artists they have seen.

Went on a sort of diet a couple of weeks ago. It is working slowly. I have cut out bread/most carbohydrates, and we have changed the time of our main meal to approximately 14:00 hrs. or earlier. I am not weighing myself, just going on whether I can fit into various garments. My goal is to fit into some tasteful orange jeans, of which I have 2 pairs. That might take a few months…

Respect! One should always burn a candle at both ends.

Really enjoyed the Boro v West Brom game last night, with a couple of additions I think we should be challenging this season.

After a lie in and a nice full English from our hosts we set off back early afternoon. The A1 was busy all the way down and Wayz took us off and back on the M11 because of a hold up. Ended up listening to the first 15 minutes of the Euro final in car. The Women winning topped off the weekend nicely.

Cheers BB

Tried initiating the Volvos sat nav today. Hugely clunky. Need to connect the phone via BTooth to see if it’s can be updated or used to bypass.(Like texting on a Nokia phone currently.) Only ever used the free app Waze to guide me. Bung in the postcode and yer off.

advertisement

Back