advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

that's what the debate was about. Government agencies have stopped using the term and there are some interesting papers on this in Government.

we have had `person of colour study` groups at our church for the last 2 years . not that i attended but we have a very diverse community represented

Fans been plugged in , quite unpleasant the heat now. Chips are are in and will be dining 7:30 ish with a nice cup of tap water.

Decided prevention was better than cure and set about making the bird feeder undesirable to squirrels rather than placing a trap underneath. Replaced the plastic bowl suspended from it (designed to thwart ram-raiding corvids’ efforts) that had huge holes in the side where the bloody rodents had gnawed their way in, with a stainless steel tray (Tesco, £2.50) tightly attached to the bottom with a steel chain. Doing that bit was very, very sweary. Then more steel chain was cut to size (a tight tourniquet stopped the bleeding fairly quickly) in order to suspend the feeder from a corner of the whirly washing line.

I held my breath as I watched a squirrel climb up to the feeder, climb down it to the bottom and try to take a chunk out of the tray. Strike one! It climbed back up and had a go at nibbling through the supporting chain. Failure! It sat, pondered for thirty seconds and made its way back to the ground. Then it slowly wandered off, looking back over its shoulder at the puzzle every once in a while. Success, for now at least.

Last edited:
Nice bus ride into Penzance today to pick up my repaired car. Love the way a familiar route is transformed by a seat on the upper deck. Too near the middle of the route for the prized front seats. These are always claimed by pensioners with their free bus passes. A plague on us I say!

Clutch is now silky smooth but the electric window has gone down and refuses to go back up. French electrics; I was warned.

You know that moment that always comes when you simply cannot pack more plastic packaging tat into the bin, because when you force it down and shut the door it bounces up and a spinach bag gets caught down the back of the bin and the effing door won't close?

Well, I've just had that moment.

In the meantime people are starving and dying.

Made a concoction of slop in pan for my tea later. Not made my mind up if im going on the piss yet.

Just filled up with petrol (gulp!). I check prices on an App "Petrol Prices", which is pretty good. Asda has gone up 5p since yesterday to £1.797, but still 2p less than Morrisons where I usually go. Think I will start filling up when I get to half a tank, as if I wait till it's nearly empty, it will have gone up another few p!

Been working at home all week and barely been out.

Decided on a drive to blow away the cobwebs. Top down and a blast over Suie, Rhynie to Dufftown, then Tomintoul for a whisky purchase and a chin wag and cuppa with SteveG and Fiona of this parish :D. Then a drive over the Lecht via Alford and home.

A lovely drive on some of the best, quiet, most scenic and camera/police free roads in the UK. Lovely stuff.

Assembled my new BBQ without too much bad language. Looks a beauty but can’t use it until the calor regulator arrives (not paying through the nose for patio gas).

advertisement

Back