advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

52181841101_6c01a8bf4b.jpg

Discovering with horror that there is a Mustard Crisis in France. After failing to find any in two supermarkets (‘salt, pepper, oil, vinaigrette... where’s the bloody mustard? Sod it, I’ll get some in the next one...’) the centime finally dropped when I spotted a lot of empty shelf space in the third. My tenuous grip on coping with everyday life was loosened a little further when (still standing in front of the empty shelves) I found this item.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...hit-by-climate-and-rising-costs-say-producers

Perhaps not as serious but now the ketchup stand-off as Heinz and Tesco argue about price.

Been comparing both over past 2 years . The no nonsense is great if its raining as you can still apply it . Today was 40 % chance of rain so we used it

However a lot cheaper to use ronseal one coat which i quite like too

Yesterday was bizarre. Now in a room with a telly...
Stoll not been out of bed.
Yesterday was on Oxycontin which had me hallucinating..watching door handles slide down doors...complete with escutcheon.
Took me hours to compose a 2 line text
It's strange stuff, I had it after my first knee replacement. I was lying in bed watching the signs on the door opposite grow little legs and scuttle off the top of the wall:eek:

They really zapped yesterday me so I was out cold but they also gave me laxatives.
A nurse helped me to the WC.

I just got told off for walking from the bog to the wash basin then to a chair, where I sat out for half an hour, the went to my door to look out and see where I am.
One of the guards spotted me and pointed out that I broke the following edicts:.

1.Walking alone with elbow crutches in contravention of my current classification EC+2.or elbow crutches plus two people.
2.Carrying a catheter bag on a crutch without a licence.
3 Leaving my room without a mask.
4.Not wearing slippers.

I'm back on my bed awaiting sentencing.

Feel like Douglas Bader

They really zapped yesterday me so I was out cold but they also gave me laxatives.

I just got told off for walking from the bog to the wash basin then to a chair, where I sat out for half an hour, the went to my door to look out and see where I am.
One of the guards spotted me and pointed out that I broke the following edicts:.

1.Walking alone with elbow crutches in contravention of my current classification EC+2.or elbow crutches plus two people.
4.Not wearing slippers.

Feel like Douglas Bader

I was legless last Friday, bladdered.

Walking around the allotment talking to others , Was given a sweetheart cabbage and 3 Broccoli heads , that's dinner sorted for the next few days :)

Went to a place just outside of St.Davids, Wales for a holiday. Ate lots of fresh seafood.
Enjoyed the fairly empty locations before the summer holidays unload myriad families.

Read the Bob Mortimer ‘And Away’ book, after The Wife read it first. Pocket Meat…

Skoda badge fell off the Yeti on the boot lid. Part of me wants to sticker the empty badge space with something inappropriate. Part of me wants laser guided missile technology installed…
Wife will not let me have Bond style weapons and defence mechanisms in the car, so that is a flight of fancy. I will get a proper replacement Skoda badge.

A bush that we moved (at my request) from the rear garden to The Field perimeter hedge is coming into full bloom with pink trumpet flowers. If I recall correctly, it will be in bloom for months now. No idea what it is. The Pink bush is in direct view from my listening chair, framed by elderberry, hawthorn and a big sky. The bees like it.

... cursing the CD player. It's not been used for a while, as I've been in Germany. Switched everything back on at the mains, then powered everything up. Whilst choosing what to play, I heard a low hiss from the left speaker. I was worried it was the ESL 63 going off, but changing the input stopped it.
In goes the disc, select CD, play. Silence apart from the hiss. Disc playing, but no sound from the analogue XLR outputs - apart from the low hiss. Digital coaxial works, but doesn't sound as good.
Another thing to fix. This is getting expensive.
:(

Thanks for the covid recovery wishes. Feeling almost normal today, so time to switch on the main system. Not only am I up and about again, but the CD player has resurrected itself, too. Maybe it was coming out in sympathy.

Best wishes to all other ailing fishies. There seems to be a few of us. :(

4.Not wearing slippers.

Feel like Douglas Bader

I hope a pretty nurse sentences you to a nice, long sponge bath. :)

Best of luck with your healing and rehab Mull!

advertisement

Back