advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

On the plus side you can use your passport photo for your driving licence, the system is sufficiently connected to be able to pick this up.
On the minus side, the passport agency have a long list of rules for an acceptable photo, then when they stick it in your* passport, they chop off the top of your head, so you get the same on any card that uses the passport photo.

*not me, but Mrs Jamie - she was real miffed about the top of her head missing...

Dropped the Yeti off earlier so the timing belt/water pump can be changed.
Also getting the wheels/tyres swapped positions (diagonally) to get even wear.
Handbrake cable tightened a bit.
We live on a 1:10 hill so always leave the car in gear and the wheels turned in, just in case.
(years ago a neighbour didn’t put his handbrake on properly - car rolled down the hill, hit a lamppost outside our house and knocked it over. Missed our house by 6” - o_O )

On the minus side, the passport agency have a long list of rules for an acceptable photo, then when they stick it in your* passport, they chop off the top of your head, so you get the same on any card that uses the passport photo.

My new passport arrived yesterday which I requested about 2 weeks ago! I used the photo booth in the supermarket which automatically sent the picture to the passport office. You get a code which you enter into the form. I’m impressed that the system was so easy and quick.

Waiting in for a man from Hammonds bedroom furniture to replace 5 drawer fronts in the boys room, where the plastic covering has de- laminated.
Turned up 90 mins late (not that bad for a tradesman), with a pack of (only)
4 fronts of a longer length (to suit our bedroom, which has wider drawers). Ours are ok, but he left them with us as spares (just in case), as he said they would only get binned. He has now gone off to order 5 of the correct size. Another 4-6 week wait...

Tried to get the boy tickets for Forest against Man U, but couldn't get 2 together for him and his mate.

Not a very successful day off....

Wading through about 2 foot high records and admin for a house to get info for solicitors stuff .fortunately this person is very very organised and pretty sure i got most of it

Missed my train due to my unreliable watch !!! I miss my casio which was way better that the current one from some italian company .not impressed

Spent an inordinate amount of time tracking down a couple of pensions, one as a result of opting out of SERPS years ago, and another AVC which appears to have a different reference to what Zurich have. Thank god I filed all the letters I received over the years, but I can't imagine doing that for a living. Note to youngsters - if you haven't got any pension plan sorted yet, do it NOW. I started my first one in 1984 and although I begrudged the monthly draw on my payslip, I'm grateful now!

Went to the post office, there was a NHS wellness bus in the Car Park. Got my blood sugar (absolutely fine) and blood pressure checked. Blood pressure was high, for me, at 150 over something (sorry). They told me to make a GP appointment for 2 weeks time and monitor myself before I go and keep a record. I had been considering going anyway, I’ve been feeling really fatigued for a couple of weeks, although felt a bit better today. Anyway I’ve got a monitor coming tomorrow and I’ll make the appointment.

They told me to get more sleep too!!

Cheers BB

Great iniative to have that bus .so many folks walking around with high blood sugars and dont know it . Causes so much damage to blood vessels

Wife insisted on making a cooked breakfast today. I am not going to argue. Only one slice of fried bread. Boiled leeks on the side. Smashing.

Groin pain is still bothering me (4+ years now :( ) I have a pre-op for a nerve block next week, but have no faith that it will alleviate the pain.

We think the very disabled woman who lives 5 doors up from us has died. This is of interest as the house is bigger than ours, and might suit us (me) very well. I think there is a proper full size snooker table in the house, which I wouldn’t mind at all. The hifi room would be my main concern as usual. I think it would be bad taste to knock and ask the bereaved husband what his plans are… mmm. The Daughter has already said that she would want to buy our house.
It is an ‘if ifs and ands were pots and pans there would be no work for Tinkers,’ situation so I will try to stop thinking about where the HiFi would go. :)

Took the casing off of my arcam alpha 9 c.d. player to see if I could shove a bit of rubber or something near the ?transformer? to eliminate/reduce the slight audible hum that comes from the casing. I couldn’t see anywhere that I could stick anything to reduce the hum.
I did run a bit of wire from the casing to the ground on the amplifier. This seems to have made a slight difference. I also added sorbothane and felt to the c.d. player feet. In terms of hifi d.i.y. this has been a major triumph as I didn’t loose any screws or break anything.

We went to look at a bungalow for sale yesterday. It needed 100k spending on it to get it liveable, but it would still be wrong (no view). - it did have a massive garden. We think a developer will buy it, knock it down and shove 3 properties on the huge space. Always enjoy looking though.

Wife insisted on making a cooked breakfast today. I am not going to argue. Only one slice of fried bread. Boiled leeks on the side. Smashing.

Not sure about leeks on a full English?

Off for a bit of culture tonight to see "An Inspector Calls" in Nottingham (mainly as the boy has it on his English syllabus).

Early dinner at a nearby Italian (chain) before, either Prezzo or Bella Italia.

Spent an inordinate amount of time tracking down a couple of pensions, one as a result of opting out of SERPS years ago, and another AVC which appears to have a different reference to what Zurich have. Thank god I filed all the letters I received over the years, but I can't imagine doing that for a living. Note to youngsters - if you haven't got any pension plan sorted yet, do it NOW. I started my first one in 1984 and although I begrudged the monthly draw on my payslip, I'm grateful now!
Different for kids now. My 31 year old daughter has already had 4. I keep nagging her to take advice about consolidating them and making sure she keeps all the paperwork. Thank god when I started teaching in 74 the pension contribution was compulsory.

advertisement

Back