Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Today I have mainly been v3

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TalYWaun, Jun 8, 2022.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

hope recovery goes well

Mullardman likes this.
  2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr neither here nor there

Glad you’re on the way to getting it sorted, Mull, after all the palaver. Hope recovery is swift.

Mullardman likes this.
  3. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

spent the morning trying to track down the chap i look after , turns out he had gone to a funeral without telling his carers etc . this afternoon we repaired various fences there

on way to shops witness the very near shave of a car running down an eastern european family who decided to walk across a traffic light crossing on green . inches away from serious injury as car screeched to a halt . fortuantely they all survived

4. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Plus one...hope you feel better soon.

Mullardman likes this.
  5. Get well soon Mull.

Cheers BB

Mullardman likes this.
  6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

All the best Mull.

just had a lovely day wandering Le Clos, Concarneau.

Mullardman likes this.
  7. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

Get well sharpish, Mullardman and Eisenach.

I am sorting through my study - have almost taken everything out. Will be great to have a well-sorted room for music and diy only.

Mullardman and cctaylor like this.
  8. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

This weekend I have had the first proper trip away since Heather passed away. On Friday I drove down to Melrose from Elgin a total of 215 miles. Longest I've driven for quite a few years even before COVID. Edinburgh or Glasgow is as far I've been for many years. More recently a 80 mile round trip to Inverness has been the longest I've driven. I stopped a few times on the way down but the last leg from Perth to Melrose was hard. When I parked at, our friend Anne's house I was completely done! I couldn't have driven any further without a break.

On Saturday I caught up with my 93 year old aunt in Peebles who I haven't seen for 3 years because of the COVID situation. While I'm told she isn't coping too well and needs a lot of support these days, I was able to have a long conversation with her.

On Sunday Anne and visited Walter Scott's house Abbotsford and had a wander round the grounds. Anne is a real borders person and steeped in border heritage. She was able to give some extra insights to the house and it's grounds. Her house was built on what was originally part of Walter Scott's Abbotsford estate.

In the afternoon I managed a 3 mile walk with some really steep climbs on a forestry track. This by far the longest walk I've managed since my bike accident, felt quite pleased with myself for managing the walk. My fitness is building up despite my recent COVID infection.

On the way home I stopped at Linlithgow to have lunch with our bridesmaid, followed by good run back up the A9.

Rosewind, Big Tabs, mjw and 8 others like this.
  9. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

They have now decided that if I can't squeeze one out...I'll have to be catheterised...

Ohh..the indignity.. :(

Rosewind, Big Tabs and hifinutt like this.
  10. davcoll

davcoll pfm Member

Take care Mull.

Dave

Mullardman likes this.
  11. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

happy days mull !! get those taps running.... sometimes does the trick !!

Mullardman likes this.
  12. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

I find washing my hands does the trick. And then I have to wash them again!

13. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

I’ve had a bloody hard day today installing panel lighting on a main stairwell. My boss doesn’t give a toss about anyone but himself and I’ve been left to sort this job out on my own. I’ve returned home to my workshop and I’m quietly getting pissed whilst sorting out the wiring chaos in my GTM :mad::mad::mad:

Rosewind likes this.
  14. Completed a last minute decorating job for a new client, enquired friday, we carried out the work yesterday and today. He's sent me 2 more jobs to quote, which is good. Did a site visit in the West End for another decorating quote. Had a half hour peaker demo in the West End. Will be watching episode 3 of Sherwood tonight, we're a bit behind.

Cheers BB

Rosewind likes this.
  15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

[​IMG]

For the last hour I’ve been watching families of hedgehogs trundle across the garden. Well, either two families or the same one making the same journey in the same direction twice, apparently without having gone the other way in between.

On this occasion Mama played dead as I approached, while the little ones scurried round wondering what this unsteady lumbering biped clutching a glass of pink liquid could be. When I moved away she grabbed one of them in her mouth and charged off (as much as a hedgehog can) with an air of ‘I told you not to speak to strange men...’ leaving the other to follow in her wake.

Oh lord, one of the kids has come back on his own. I’m starting to feel a bit protective. Maybe he’s just got a taste for wine?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    MikeMA, Rosewind, sp25 and 11 others like this.
  16. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

wonderful .... we love hedgehogs !!! a few years back we found a mum in a compost heap . then lots of sqeaks came and we found several baby hoglets . we took them to a hedgehog rescue place in bromsgrove

Weekender likes this.
  17. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Earlier this evening, was watching a green woodpecker strolling around the lawn, occasionally probing for something for tea.

18. garyi

garyi leave blank

Ah man I got the watercooling bug bad, so I did the graphics card too. An amazing difference 50oC idle down to 22oC idle. Stress testing I could not get it above 55

[​IMG]

The purple ethernet leads are infact repurposed to carry 3 set of fan headers and 1 set of power (for pump) been using for a few days without issue.

[​IMG]

Due to the substantially more cooling requirement I got another rad (in the top of the housing) giving me 280 mms, along with the 360mm on the side. Its a bit messy will try and tidy up on the weekend. But equally I never have to look at it so probably wont.

Its actually spooky playing games in silence.

Rosewind likes this.
  19. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

Pink? PINK?

20. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

I’m mildly amused by that little fan in the last photo. Good effort.
    Are you Bitcoin mining?