advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Got lost in the arndale centre manchester , tried various labelled exit doors which were locked shut . Eventually got out down an escalator in boots !! Took me 10 to 15 mins walking round and round

Heaven help anyone caught in there in a fire !!! Not impressed at all . Needless to say i contacted them with my experiences !

Got lost in the arndale centre manchester , tried various labelled exit doors which were locked shut . Eventually got out down an escalator in boots !! Took me 10 to 15 mins walking round and round

Heaven help anyone caught in there in a fire !!! Not impressed at all . Needless to say i contacted them with my experiences !

Arndale Centre’s a big place tha knows ;)

I will copy and paste the instructions The Daughter gave me via a text message. >

“Brisket - literally fry it off - no oil or owt - oven at about 200 degrees after frying the edges for a good 30 mins, then turn the heat down to about 140 and give it a good 3 hours - no oil or juice needed as it should create its own juice - then just shred the bogger in its juices.
I use my orange iron casserole pot to do it including the frying off
Yummers xxxxx”

I don’t think Daughter means that you fry/sear the meat for 30 minutes, I assumed she meant a high heat blast in the oven with lid on for 30 mins, then turn it down.

I haven’t looked at it or anything, so if it is like leather then it is chippy tea later…

I’ve never found a brisket recipe I like but if you come across beef cheeks( amazingly sold in Tescos at one point) it’s a similar much used muscle with a finer texture. Don’t be put off by the guys posing, he creates amazing recipes. I did this one, and it takes some time.

@MUTTY1 didn’t need the video.

The beef was delicious. Fell apart when I shredded it. Mountains of beef left which Wife is going to curry. I didn’t look at it once when it was cooking - result was very ’beefy.’

My butcher sells me four for £5, same price for a chopped oxtail. He knows I like them (but I’m in a tiny minority, apparently).
That’s a great price. Occasional steak, but apart from opportunist recipes as mentioned above I don’t go out looking for beef. Pork and lamb for me. Venison is relatively taste free as is chicken unless well reared. Pheasant is okay.

That’s a great price

At this time of year, he and his brothers spend the occasional night with .22 rifles shooting rabbits for their popular pies. He also sells me a couple (pair? brace?) for a fiver - skinned and gutted - so I can do that French set in jelly thing, and no fine shot to beware of.
That also seems cheap but I guess he enjoys our chats about food e.g. I was telling him about when you put hot chips on the plate of rabbit how the jelly starts to melt - delicious.

Woke up 15 minutes late and paid the price, 2h 20 minutes to get to Central London, many more people in cars than usual due to the train strike. I’m not sure if they were aware that the tube was running. Back home now for an afternoon of paperwork, music and then maybe a bit of ironing before I start dinner.

Will be watching the rudderless ship Boro tonight against the resurgent Small Heath on the Sky Red Button later. God help us but we have tickets in the Away End at Millwall on Saturday.

Cheers BB

The descent into vinyl nerdery continues. Back in the spring I bought the 10 LP box of The Sun Bear Concerts at Retro Tech. The lid was falling apart, it all smelled disconcertingly damp and there seemed to be a thin layer of mortar-like sand inside the bottom of the box. God alone knows where it had been stored. But it was complete, the vinyl looked pristine and, most importantly, the asking price was £20. Yes, that’s correct.

Yesterday I got round to playing it and discovered it was very, very crackly indeed. But after two sessions of Knosti-ing today 90% of the noise has gone. I think I’ll give it one more go tomorrow and will hopefully then be able to declare it bargain of the year.

52401731232_ac1182c075.jpg
How did they turn out after another clean?

work - some conversations with some new recruits. Noticed i finished paying the interest free on my phone a few days ago. Part-exed it for something new and shiny, on a new interest free (monthly repayments lower than previously). New one should arrive tomorrow.

This afternoon - chairing the ethics committee...

Using the coach for first time in decades due to strikes . Not unpleasant so far although the radiator in the toilets looked like it had been peed on for the last 30 years !!

Using the coach for first time in decades due to strikes . Not unpleasant so far although the radiator in the toilets looked like it had been peed on for the last 30 years !!

trains running reasonably well round here. Mrs nipped to the office and back without much trouble

on the bus to the next town. It comes to something when the bus is more expensive than a taxi.....and the taxi is to the door. Dunno why with we bother with the bus....

X39 bus to work & back in the city next door for sim reasons as above posts. Cheap, effective; I quite enjoyed zoning-out for c 50mins with IEMs stuffed in ears, staring out of the window, time for my thoughts on many things ramping up & down slower than is normal at each end of the day.

How did they turn out after another clean?
Sorry, real life got in the way for 24 hours so I’ve only just got round to it. I’ve only tried one side - a very small further reduction, I think, and a bit more after rolling a tacky Nagaoka cleaner over it. Still some noise, but not a distressing amount. I guess solo piano is quite a test anyway. It has definitely shown me that at least one of my cartridges is only fit for the knacker’s yard.

today has took a different turn.
Youngest Son who lives with his woman on the Isle o Wight called me earlier - His partner’s Mother is in intensive care after abdominal surgery went wrong, doesn’t sound great. So Boy and his girlfriend are coming back to Nottinghamshire to attend hospital. Spare bed made up ready for them. I have said I will decipher the hospital information when they get up here. Sounds grim.

Eldest Granddaughter has sprained her ankle, no idea how. We may have her over tomorrow as well.
Covid vaccine boosters tomorrow.

On the up, apparently I have won summat on the premium bonds! Talk o the devil! Probably £25.
(if it is owt proper, then I will buy some HiFi that I don’t need ;) )

Cleaned about 30 albums for Headway charity shop, play tested them all and priced them up. Had 2 records that failed, Diana Ross and some crap 12” single.

Might offer a couple of oddities on pfm, very clean records, but will never sell in the shop. Postage and a small donation sounds good. “You never know…” Phase 4 stuff.

advertisement

Back