advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a drive with The Wife to drop off gifts for friends of ours. Good to give the Yeti a run out. Friend was late because he was at a funeral, so we left the gifts (including a huge Stornoway black pudding) outside in a bin. It needs to go in a fridge, but it is hardly warm out.

The Wife has made a cake, all shopping is done, fridge full. Having a Rum n Coke because I can, feels like the start of the holiday season.
The Wife has gone to hospital to have a biopsy of skin blemish, we think it is nil of note, but it does rub on clothing so The Wife wants it gone. Quick N.H.S. response to the G.P. visit re potential cancer situation, which is good.

Spent a while thinking about putting heavy weights on my hifi separates, but recall from years ago that there was no discernible effect. Also thought that I have spent a few years decoupling kit from floor and shelves, and adding weights will be counterproductive.

Off to play my stereo, Cuba Libre in hand.

Picked up the M&S Christmas food order. All surprisingly orderly, distanced and masked.
Got a big joint of beef being flogged off cheap in Morrisons.
Dropped the dog off at the groomers for a bath, trim and nails clipped.
Just lightly fried off some leeks for a cheese and leek flan I am making for tea.

Last Christmas present bought, dining table moved from the corner (may need hoovering round there, plus I've realised that the 50 or so books that were hidden by the table will need to go somewhere else), booze fully stocked, enough mixers for the next week or so, gave my last £10 note to my daughter who remembered she had one more present to buy.

Spent a lot of the day waiting for Signora to go into surgery for a rotator cuff operation (frozen shoulder). Gave the LP12 a good workout while she’s away.

Also had to rehome mouse number 6 (in 6 days), and now I can hear another behind the fridge. If I get this one tonight, I’ll drive it to Portsmouth. That’ll fix him.

Finished work for the year, for which I am very thankful (...both having the work and finishing it!).

Opened a bottle of wine (...after getting a case delivered).

:D

Quite a lively Rochefort 8 about to get started

I’ve had a few Vesuvius Rocheforts lately. Sometimes about half a second to put bottle over glass before risking losing half of it. Of course, the next time nothing happens at all and the bottle just glares at you as it is poised over the glass at 45 degrees, saying ‘what’s the bloody hurry?’

Spent a lot of the day waiting for Signora to go into surgery for a rotator cuff operation (frozen shoulder). Gave the LP12 a good workout while she’s away.

Also had to rehome mouse number 6 (in 6 days), and now I can hear another behind the fridge. If I get this one tonight, I’ll drive it to Portsmouth. That’ll fix him.
Last mouse I caught live was in the toaster. I evicted it, just in time for it to disappear into the garden. There must be a gap under the floor somewhere,I swear the little bugger was back in the kitchen before I was.

Now this was a surprise.. about 10 mins ago, yes today 9pm Dec 23rd, not having seen any such thing all year.. a Ladybird (Pine ladybird , I think) - appeared out of nowhere and wobbled around, stumbling into things!

Fuzzy phone snap while trying to shepherd it elsewhere more productive:

IMG_8698%20Pine%20ladybird_400px.jpg

Gotta love Coleoptera : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back