advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems increasingly likely that the test matches were in fact England v the West Indies in 1966, which means that Marchbanks and my teacher were listening to the same commentary!
I’ve found a small hole in the plot, Dr H. How come little Marchbanks wasn’t also at school at that moment, given that I am of a similar vintage to you?

Simple. The first three tests were played during school term time, the fourth and fifth tests during August.

Simple. The first three tests were played during school term time, the fourth and fifth tests during August.
Got it. By ‘the same commentary’ you meant ‘part of the same series of commentaries.’ Probably accounts for how Los Bravos got into my memory mix too. Although if you pushed me further I would have said Like A Rolling Stone was part of the same jumble of music on the radio, cricket commentary and garden, and that was definitely released the previous year. Back to the psychiatrist’s couch...

Chemo - first course, 2nd treatment. There must be more tedious ways to spend a day in Sheffield but can’t think of one.
Ah, crap. Hope it all goes well mjw. Side effects not too severe, and the right outcome at the end of it. And I hope you manage to have a great Christmas, regardless.

today - work…wait for the butcher to deliver, wait for amazon to deliver, pub, Indian, pub

On our Christmas break in Carbis Bay, today was taxi to Zennor (cheaper than bus for 3, and much quicker), then a walk back along the South West Coastal Path. Weather was very hit & miss, torrential rain for a while, and the walk was a bit more challenging than I thought. We baled out at St Ives and hopped on the train back to Carbis Bay (but the "path" for this bit is along the road anyway, so I don't feel I missed out).

51767184455_883ee6ec4c_c.jpg

Oh but you have missed out! Its a lovely must walk along the cliff path and we take it several times into St Ives whenever we have visited Carbis Bay. With bad arthritis in my back, knees and feet I do the cliff top walk (pausing at the top at the pilchard spotting station) into St Ives but then catch a bus back with my free pass). In the past my wife and I walked both directions.

Did you visit the church and see the mermaid chair in Zennor (their is also a Burma memorial book and my FIL has an entry) also home to Moomaid ice cream - I love shipwreck you must try some. We drive to Zennor and then along the coast stopping off at various points on the way. There is a lot to see e.g. at Cape Cornwall we took our ice creams and climbed right up the hill to find a coast guard station where the guy showed us puffins on an island through his binos.

If you are a member of the National Trust that opens the way to several free car parks and places to visit.

Enjoy Xmas,

DV

Got it. By ‘the same commentary’ you meant ‘part of the same series of commentaries.’ Probably accounts for how Los Bravos got into my memory mix too. Although if you pushed me further I would have said Like A Rolling Stone was part of the same jumble of music on the radio, cricket commentary and garden, and that was definitely released the previous year. Back to the psychiatrist’s couch...

It's weird trying to pin down memories to specific dates. My oldest sister is the person I check with; she has almost perfect recall of our childhoods, whereas my other sister and I have trouble remembering anything at all, and my younger brother just makes stuff up.

For the August test matches in 1966, I'm fairly sure we were on holiday in Anglesey, out of reach of TV and radio. We somehow managed to crowbar the six of us, my grandmother, three aunts and an uncle and my cousin into what from the photographs looks like a very small cottage. I remember that my brother slept in an alcove with a curtain round it, but not how we managed otherwise.

t's weird trying to pin down memories to specific dates. My oldest sister is the person I check with; she has almost perfect recall of our childhoods, whereas my other sister and I have trouble remembering anything at all, and my younger brother just makes stuff up.

I’m an only child and always find stories like this inexplicable. Huge discrepancies in the recall of children sharing many genes and experiences.

Today its chicken chuckiiwukki curry done over a bed of chips with breadbuns . Thats if chicken defrosts, now am starting my medicine.

today for lucnh, sunflower bread, mature cheddar and a green tomato and spicy courgette pickles.

partner has made two gf cakes, a clementine and a sunken amaretto and for the raptors(off springs)

gonna have a go at the fryer tonight, got a nice large haddock fillet and some maris pipers, plenty of swearing i expect.

I’m an only child and always find stories like this inexplicable. Huge discrepancies in the recall of children sharing many genes and experiences.

Yes, it is weird. Our mother had lots of childhood memories, whilst my father rarely spoke about his childhood, though from what I know of it, it was fairly traumatic, so he may just have preferred not to talk about it.

Apart from the memories thing, two of us have perfect eyesight, two have been short-sighted from the age of ten or so. When we used to visit my grandmother, we had to catch a number 26 bus to get us back to the station. My oldest sister and I would still be trying to make out whether the large vehicle approaching was in fact a bus, when my other sister would have already clocked the bus number and its destination.

Comparing the innards of my Rotel 965BX vs Rotel 965 LE Discrete. The LE has developed a sticky drawer mechanism, the standard 965 is perfect.

Comparing the innards of my Rotel 965BX vs Rotel 965 LE Discrete. The LE has developed a sticky drawer mechanism, the standard 965 is perfect.
I've had that problem with my standard 965 for several years but found that if I let it warm up for half an hour the drawer works perfectly - worth a try?

I've had that problem with my standard 965 for several years but found that if I let it warm up for half an hour the drawer works perfectly - worth a try?
Thanks. They’re both idling along now while I think of what to do. The LE drawer can be gently coaxed open so it works, though not perfectly. They’ve both been in storage for a few years but I’m fed up of streaming and want to play CDs. I’ll probably use the standard one and the other for parts. I need to simplify the whole thing for my wife, if the RPi decides on some time off she can’t fix it.

It could be a crisis going on because I’ve been looking in the cupboard at the Rega Planar 2 again. I’m clinging hopefully to what once was because my hearing is suddenly a bit gash. I’m waiting on a CT scan report to tell me how gash and if anything can be done.

Ditto - I press then quickly help out the drawer with a fingernail either side of the drawer front. Tray slides back in just fine.

Thanks. They’re both idling along now while I think of what to do. The LE drawer can be gently coaxed open so it works, though not perfectly. They’ve both been in storage for a few years but I’m fed up of streaming and want to play CDs. I’ll probably use the standard one and the other for parts. I need to simplify the whole thing for my wife, if the RPi decides on some time off she can’t fix it.

It could be a crisis going on because I’ve been looking in the cupboard at the Rega Planar 2 again. I’m clinging hopefully to what once was because my hearing is suddenly a bit gash. I’m waiting on a CT scan report to tell me how gash and if anything can be done.
Fingers crossed for you.

Sterilising the bird feeders and re loading with new food
Then
Unloading lots of LP transport boxes and filling my big Ikea Kallax 25 qube rack , It's all part of settling in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back