advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, another nonentity, promoted because of Brexit, then gives up half way because it’s not quite how he wants it to be. Hope he slips on ice or something appropriate!

Spotted in box in local charity shop: Black is Black by La Belle Epoque, which I only know because of an HMHB reference. [You Tube's the bastard] Oh, I see, just a disco cover of the earlier song by whoever they were.

still work - going live on a new advert for an SL, writing an advert and JD for 4 new SLs, and completing the interview arrangements for a new Reader/PL.

Last but not least receiving an invitation for a groundbreaking ceremony on our new building.......contractors are already on site grouting and preparing for piling

Wondering if I might be approaching the point where I should contact Waistcoats Anonymous and ask for help.

51765469553_368c321c6a_z.jpg

Spotted in box in local charity shop: Black is Black by La Belle Epoque, which I only know because of an HMHB reference. [You Tube's the bastard] Oh, I see, just a disco cover of the earlier song by whoever they were.
Los Bravos

Ignoring a pool of water under the fridge , i manage to spot it and my eyesights terrible after losing my glasses again so if the other two shites are ignoring it why shouldnt i :mad:

That’s the one! I’ve been resisting Googling them, thinking the group’s name would pop into my head eventually.
It always reminds me of being in my aunt and uncle’s garden listening to John Snow and Ken Higgs bashing out a century last wicket partnership against West Indies. Which I guess makes it summer 1966. Quite how I heard Los Bravos and cricket commentary at the same time is a bit of a mystery that only my subconscious memory could unravel.

One of my few vivid memories from school is a teacher confiscating one boy’s transistor radio so he could listen to the Test Match commentary. Every now and then he’d scrawl the latest score on the blackboard then quickly erase it. I think it was England v South Africa. Though on Googling the series, the matches all seem to have been played after the term ended. More research needed!

It seems increasingly likely that the test matches were in fact England v the West Indies in 1966, which means that Marchbanks and my teacher were listening to the same commentary!

On our Christmas break in Carbis Bay, today was taxi to Zennor (cheaper than bus for 3, and much quicker), then a walk back along the South West Coastal Path. Weather was very hit & miss, torrential rain for a while, and the walk was a bit more challenging than I thought. We baled out at St Ives and hopped on the train back to Carbis Bay (but the "path" for this bit is along the road anyway, so I don't feel I missed out).

51767184455_883ee6ec4c_c.jpg

to the pub after work for 4 or 5. Pretty busy which is great. Bar 2 deep on occasions, great fun.....

then back home for food and footie

On our Christmas break in Carbis Bay, today was taxi to Zennor (cheaper than bus for 3, and much quicker), then a walk back along the South West Coastal Path. Weather was very hit & miss, torrential rain for a while, and the walk was a bit more challenging than I thought. We baled out at St Ives and hopped on the train back to Carbis Bay (but the "path" for this bit is along the road anyway, so I don't feel I missed out).

51767184455_883ee6ec4c_c.jpg
Done that stretch a few times. But start from St Ives and wait for the bus back in the pub :) This is the start of challenging walking that doesn’t relent until Mousehole on the opposite coast.

Done that stretch a few times. But start from St Ives and wait for the bus back in the pub :) This is the start of challenging walking that doesn’t relent until Mousehole on the opposite coast.
The taxi driver reckoned the buses are a bit variable this time of year. Generally, we always walk "back to base", after a frantic sprint to get the last boat back from Howtown in the Lakes many years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back