advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
varnishing floors, have been at it most of the week. one smallish section left for later tonight and once coat in the morning. done all downstairs except living room as looks sound

pan fried gurnard and pea puree with broccoli and garlic side. nice fino as i type and was gonna be an albarino, have a few but decided to keep so a verdicchio it is.

Fuc*ing nutter on the train tonight not wearing a mask.As we were getting off says to my wife
" what are you looking at". Ignored him.Went to car
park ,he pulled out and sat behind us.I waited more than five minutes before he left.Fuc*kin idiot.
I’m amazed at the difference in attitude between the UK and France (where I have been for the last week.) At home, around 20% seem to be exempt from wearing masks in shops, or (whisper it) can’t be arsed as they know they won’t be challenged. Over here, it’s 100% mask-wearing in shops IME and around 50% in the street. I suppose the French health system could be much better than ours and so fewer folk have respiratory problems and the like, but I suspect it’s really more a case of differing amounts of selfishness and public spiritedness.

I was in a hurry today to get an LFT and was carrying my mask in my hand. I decided on the spur of the moment to take a short cut through Monoprix, and forgot I wasn’t wearing it. I swear I hadn’t put one foot down inside before an assistant called out ‘votre masque, Monsieur!!’

Trying to tidy lots of loose ends at work before I finished today for the year. That included setting up the date codes for 2022 for some laser marking machines. Who would have thought you need 32 different ways of marking a date on products?!

I’m amazed at the difference in attitude between the UK and France (where I have been for the last week.) At home, around 20% seem to be exempt from wearing masks in shops, or (whisper it) can’t be arsed as they know they won’t be challenged. Over here, it’s 100% mask-wearing in shops IME and around 50% in the street. I suppose the French health system could be much better than ours and so fewer folk have respiratory problems and the like, but I suspect it’s really more a case of differing amounts of selfishness and public spiritedness.

I was in a hurry today to get an LFT and was carrying my mask in my hand. I decided on the spur of the moment to take a short cut through Monoprix, and forgot I wasn’t wearing it. I swear I hadn’t put one foot down inside before an assistant called out ‘votre masque, Monsieur!!’
Oh come on, he was just trying to see how you would get a nosebag over the beard!

Early Saturday afternoon. Gorgeous out. Work clothes washed and on the line. Been listening to Cluster and Pere Ubu via my new amplifier. Have a dinner to attend later. Need to buy a housewarming gift for friends who've just moved in together.

Now feeling utterly buggered and consumed by CBF. Why, I can't figure out.

No being familiar with what CBF is I looked it up and I'm a bit surprised that one could be utterly buggered and consumed by the Brazilian Football Federation. I wouldn't be able to figure out why if I had the same feeling ..
It's a funny old world.

Helping my friend set up his christmas tree and decorations , really good really as he was bereaved recently and i thought he would be too depressed

assisting another person with a carpet being loose and a trip hazard

and generally getting frustrated with trying to get some new technology working !!!

pub for pizza lunch, one might not believe I bought a new car sitting in the pub eating pizza.....I trust my dealer.

beer shop HQ in Hitchin, now trying a new place in Knebworth

Waiting in all day for a Amazon delivery , Now had a email saying it is still arriving today up tp 22.00

Waiting in all day for a Amazon delivery , Now had a email saying it is still arriving today up tp 22.00

They've lost mine. It should have been here two days ago. I can claim my money back now, but I want what I ordered ! :)

Off to London tomorrow to pick my daughter up so she can spend Christmas with us.

It's just like last year, and I don't trust Johnson. Last year I got wind on the Friday night that something was going to happen on the Saturday. I'd planned to pick her up on the Sunday when her full isolation term was up, but quickly decided to go down on Saturday morning. By the time Johnson was making his lockdown speech, we were passing Banbury on the way home.

I don't trust it not to be the same this year. The pick up was planned for Wednesday, but we're getting in tomorrow, just in case.

varnishing floors, have been at it most of the week. one smallish section left for later tonight and once coat in the morning. done all downstairs except living room as looks sound

pan fried gurnard and pea puree with broccoli and garlic side. nice fino as i type and was gonna be an albarino, have a few but decided to keep so a verdicchio it is.
Excellent alternative.

Went to see Doncaster Knights hammer Coventry. A few Guinness before and after the game.

Just popped to Morrisons to get salmon and leeks for dinner tonight. Quite foggy out, and there must have been over 50% on the road not using headlights. Many just had sidelights on, very little use but at least that puts the rear lights in. Even more were newer cars, who don't put any lights on at all, so just have front daytime lights, and no rear lights. Many others had no lights whatsoever! I put my foglights on, but only saw two others with such!

cooking a ham for tonight (ham egg and chips). Cooking up the last of the meat, some shin of beef from the freezer - will make into a cottage pie mix

parents coming for a cup of tea and a biscuit after lunch - shouting will ensue.

I'm scanning old slides to make a prezzie for me mum. Scanning film is soooooo slow, then there's the fixing of colours and contrast in Photoshop afterward, then printing, but she will appreciate these old photos more than anything I could buy.

Joe

I also did some scans for my wife's family after we inherited a bunch of old slides. The Kodachromes have held up well.

ReLcCRP.jpg

It's really quite interesting to see genetics in action.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back