advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitted a new part 2 tank valve on the loft hot water cylinder fill tank at my mum's, now sat with a glass of prosecco waiting for
My sister to turn up so we can scran some snap.

Just spent most of the day driving down the M6, 40, 42 ,3 and 27 to Portsmouth where I am now waiting to get on a ferry to St Malo.

Had a lovely walk this afternoon in Snowshill near Broadway. Flags, bunting, marquees, people having a wonderful time. A truly delightful sight in an achingly beautiful village. Quintessential England at its finest.

Watched the army sky divers do their bit and land on the beach
Missed the battle of brit memorial flight but enjoyed the fantastic spitfire merlin engine ....is there a more wonderful sound

Then the red arrows ...oh my they are just so fabulous in jubilee colours .they still stop your heart as they pass each other

Fly fishing in the hill lochs of the Scottish Highlands.

Now drinking beer and eating Pringles.

Tomorrow I shall be doing the same. Although the forecast for tomorrow is sun splitting rocks and 20+ degrees. So the chances of the fishing looks poor but the chances of beer and Pringles is looking better.

Weeding. Endless f’ing weeding. Mrs. Hook is the main gardener here. She gets all the glory jobs, and I weed. Endlessly. *

* Ok, for about three hours today, which, even when I got into a Monty Don-ish zen-like frame of mind, seemed endless.

Went to Croydon for some Adventure (Crazy) Golf, with #2 Daughter and #2 Son and our Northern guests. Then back home for disappointing England game followed by Cheese, Biscuits, red wine and then port whilst watching the Jubilee Concert. Not really into the populist stuff but have to go with the majority sometimes.

Cheers BB

Walked to Edinburgh Botanic Gardens through (aptly for today)Saxe-Coburg Place. Warm sunshine, cool air with blackbirds singing. Had a beer at the local on the way back then glass of wine and some snacks at home, looking out onto the trees with more bird song. June is a beautiful time of the year.

Got a stunning LP and a disappointing CD through the post. I’d like to tidy things up but the vinyl still gives me that hit I can’t quite get away from. I like the rituals too.
The LP is a skinny thing, completely true. Unlike most of the fat 180 vinyl I’ve bought recently. 180gm is gross to handle too. Where did this silliness arise?

An absolutely gorgeous day here in Aberdeenshire. A fund raiser on the local park for the local scouts and play group was well attended and kids had a blast running around. Beer and burgers were consumed and there was not a mention of the Jubilee or sightings of any flag-shaggers. More beers at home then a rewatch of the first few episodes of Altered Carbon S1. Grand.

I missed the event featuring aging, over the hill “popular”artists. I value my ears too much to gawp at such nonsense.

last night tasting all of these before dinner

20220604-182311.jpg

a lovely dinner in a modern Turkish restaurant. Then back to the local to experience the disco.

This morning, wondering where the post man had left my kilo of coffee, when the delivery message from the PO said "delivered to your safe place". Thinking about starting to cook the lamb methi.

Decided to watch last night's jubilee concert on iPlayer, to see what all the fuss on here is about. It's great so far....Jax Jones and Steflon Don are great

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back